Alter Bridge - Royal Albert Hall ft. Parallax Orchestra

Anyone else catch AB at the RAH last night/tonight? I was blown away, the band sounded tight although the tempo of a couple of tracks was down from previous times I've seen them (not a bad thing though, thye normally race through a few!)

The setlist was perfect, 4/5 songs from each album. A lot of thought obviously went into what songs would go best with the orchestra. My missus started welling up during In Loving Memory. Can't wait for the DVD now!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Didn't even know they were doing such a gig. Sounds immense! Will definitely try and catch the DVD/Live album. 
  • I wasn't aware of this either, sounds awesome!
  • Yeah I don't think it was well advertised, it sold out in a couple of hours though. There were people from all over the world there, flags from Sweden, Norway, Brazil. A pretty big moment in their career it seems.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

Don't think they really needed to advertise it. tickets were sold out really fast.

I don't know if they band usually plays to a click or not, but they definitely would have had to have done with a full orchestra!

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 455

I went on Monday and there seemed to be a decent amount of empty seats around me.

I enjoyed it but felt like they didn't get it right soundwise, the orchestra didn't seem to sit right in the mix and I could rarely hear it. Guitars sounded a little mushy too, but maybe it was where I was sat.

View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • I attended Monday’s show dude, I was sat as close at u could get to the stage. It was an amazing show guitars sounded great for the most part, I felt like they were trying to either push guitars or the orchestra at certain points through the different songs and think my ears were partially gone by the second half. Defiantly can’t wait for the recording see it in full mix. Managed to claim a guitar pick and set list from myles 
  • MrSwanson said:

I went on Monday and there seemed to be a decent amount of empty seats around me.

I enjoyed it but felt like they didn't get it right soundwise, the orchestra didn't seem to sit right in the mix and I could rarely hear it. Guitars sounded a little mushy too, but maybe it was where I was sat.

Ahh shame! Where were you sat? I was just behind the sound engineers desk on the first tier of seating and the sound was OK for me.

richylee said:
    I attended Monday’s show dude, I was sat as close at u could get to the stage. It was an amazing show guitars sounded great for the most part, I felt like they were trying to either push guitars or the orchestra at certain points through the different songs and think my ears were partially gone by the second half. Defiantly can’t wait for the recording see it in full mix. Managed to claim a guitar pick and set list from myles 
    Nice, what time did you start queuing? I saw people waiting outside at least 5-6 hours before doors opened. Would have loved to be GA but my partner is never too keen on it. 
  • No queing for my seats for some reason, just walked straight which was a bonus, I arrived around 6.30 
  • richylee said:
    No queing for my seats for some reason, just walked straight which was a bonus, I arrived around 6.30 
    Gotcha, I assumed you were standing. Yeah thats another benefit for buying seated tickets.