Weehbo effects

frankyknucklesfrankyknuckles Frets: 66
edited February 2014 in FX
What are your considered opinions on Wheebo effects?

Specifically I'm looking for a JTM45 (blues breaker) in a box. Hence my interest in the Wheebo JTM Drive.

It seems to be more tweakable than the ZVEX BOR.

I think the choice is between the Wheebo, Xotic BB and the BOR. My concerns are that people say the BOR adds too much bass and the Wheebo is too bright. The BB I don't know enough about.

I'll be using the pedal with a Tone King Metropolitan and a Les Paul. Home playing only, not bedroom levels, my typical volume level is difficult to talk over. I know the volume level can be important when choosing a pedal.

Are there any users of these pedals than can offer advice?

As a left field observation, Greg Koch gets some great Beano tones from the Tone King amp he uses in the Wildwood demos, in the past he did the demos with a BB, but now seems to favour the OCD.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sorry, can a mod move this to the FX section please.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    If you edit it - little gear looking thing on the top right of the OP - you can move  it yourself using the drop-down list :)

• Thanks
  • I had a JCM Drive for a while, and it was a great pedal. I wasn't using a Marshall at the time, so was on the hunt for any MIAB pedal i could find! The Wheebo stayed on my board for ages!

Definitely great to have all that tweakability, and I don't remember finding that one overly bright. I was able to dial in great sounds on both channels on the JCM Drive.

I also loved the BOR, I've had 3! I think there's a few parts in the video's available, that the JTM Drive sounds really similar to the BOR, so it's maybe a good shout to go for the Wheebo, as I'm sure the BOR couldn't do eveything the JTM Drive appears to be capable of

• The German guy who does the demo of the JTM Drive on the Weebho site gets some incredible tone from the pedal with his Les Paul into a clean amp. I'm pretty much sold on the JTM Drive and the tone stack options on the pedal can only be good thing.