SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: NOS GT Grade AL Sora 2015 55cm M £320

fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
edited December 2017 in Misc £
I built this up and have never ridden it. No marks on it, spotless. It's a 2015 so still has a carbon fork, frame is alloy. Specs are here:

https://www.cyclestore.co.uk/gt_grade_al_sora_2015_all_road_bike_with_free_goods-ID_64953

RRP was £750, I got it for £450 earlier this year. The latest models have alloy fork blades at the Sora level, I believe due to the rising costs of components etc.

It's a matte blue colour with light blue and grey accents.

Basically my wife and I always promise ourselves that we'll get more into gentle bike riding in the summer, and it never happens. This is really the type of bike which would be perfect for me to commute on, if I was still that way inclined. However the pitch black morning ride on the A48 to Chepstow with the odd white van whizzing past at 80mph, and the prospect of a 30-mile westward home leg, quite often into a 15mph headwind, sends shivers down my spine.

The bike would be ideal though, my commute was mostly road but i liked to come home off the beaten track so there was some seriously broken up farm track to negotiate. It can't take the absolute fattest tyres, but should take 32mm with guards and 35mm without. I'd probably keep 28mm on it - a nice compromise I reckon.

At the moment I have just built it up. I adjusted the brakes until I got a good feeling from the lever, and there is slight pad rub from the brakes needing to be worn in slightly. As far as I can tell, the shop did a decent PDI on it and the gears were pretty well indexed. It's sat in my garage being hugged by a nice thick Almax chain at the moment. It really looks like it needs a different sort of abuse to be truly happy.

I will endeavour to get some photos up, and will definitely give it a visual check later anyway. I wouldn't want to sell it as "un-ridden" if there are any signs of surface rust on the components, I will update the thread later with my findings.

UPDATE: A couple of photos are up and there is no surface rust whatsoever.

I'm in Newport, South Wales, and don't have a box to send it in. It also won't fit in my saloon so it'll have to be local pick up.

Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
My feedback thread is here.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Bump, photos added. There is absolutely no surface rust anywhere.
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    Bump.
  • Bump.
  • Bump and price reduction - £350 to £320 ono.
  • Now sold locally.