Gigging with just vocal and electric

I'm thinking of doing a few numbers with my Tele at my next solo acoustic gig to mix things up a little. Songs like Under The Bridge go down well acoustic but I usually play it fairly straight - using an electric would allow me to play all the little Hendrixy embellishments and I think it would work as a solo piece.

Has anyone got any youtube links of similar vox/electric performances that might give me some ideas?

Pete Townshend's Magic Bus springs to mind but struggling to think of anything else.

Cheeeeers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KKJaleKKJale Frets: 982
    Jeff Buckley used a Tele solo quite a bit.

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10357
    I think an electric does the job better when accompanying a solo singer, you can get more tones and as you say play in a more interesting way.  
    I always use an electric at acoustic gigs, why make life harder than it needs to be :0~)
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • It depends on what I'm playing, I prefer acoustic for straight strumming or if I need to add percussion while looping but obviously a leccy is much easier for more involved pieces.

Also, I got my Tele after my last band split up so I haven't gigged it yet!

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71960
    Billy Bragg!

(Despite being TOTP, this is genuinely live.)

I'm pretty sure I've seen Jake Bugg playing solo with an electric too, although all the videos I can find at the moment are either with an acoustic, or with a full band.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson