Baritone acoustics

Hi all. Whilst playing an acoustic and having to go do far up the neck to reach my vocal pitch (both the guitar neck and my own) it occurred to me that a baritone acoustic might suit my range more. I tend to have to put a capo on the 4th or 5th strings in order to sing along, so I thought maybe a guitar tuned a perfect 5th down would work well.

Any thoughts? Do these exist? Do they sound crap? Are they massive as I'm a fairly small chap

Thanks
Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11891
    Going down from E-E to A-A would be a massive change
    Going down that far, guitars stop sounding like guitars
    at a push you can do B-B

You probably need some different arrangements, because dropping 7 semitones is too tricky I think
    Dropping to D-D or at a push C-C is manageable, and still sounds guitar-like
  • Hi all. Whilst playing an acoustic and having to go do far up the neck to reach my vocal pitch (both the guitar neck and my own) it occurred to me that a baritone acoustic might suit my range more. I tend to have to put a capo on the 4th or 5th strings in order to sing along, so I thought maybe a guitar tuned a perfect 5th down would work well.

Any thoughts? Do these exist? Do they sound crap? Are they massive as I'm a fairly small chap

Thanks
    Yes, they do exist

Here's one and more at Thomann
    https://www.thomann.de/gb/furch_baritone_20.htm?ref=search_rslt_baritone+acoustic_382022_4

• paganskinspaganskins Frets: 276
    edited October 2017
    Alvarez ABT60 get recommended a lot when discussing entry level baritone acoustics, £330 acoustic and about £100 more for added electrics – the newer ones have LR Baggs systems.