King of Tone mass exodus?

What's Hot
firepaulmusicfirepaulmusic Frets: 363
I thought this pedal was like rocking horse poo but there are five of them for sale EBay at the moment. All around £475, is this people going on the waiting list just to make a couple of hundred quid?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• It's more that people are prepared to pay a premium to jump the queue. Some people must keep them! 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • preston61preston61 Frets: 690

They are a great pedal, and if I was a gigging musician then I would have one for every show.

However, my life situation from 2 years ago when I put my name down on the list has changed so drastically that now I'm top of the list I have no need for one, but the extra money available for flipping one makes it impossible not to take the option.

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9526
    edited October 2017
    Ive just bought one for the third time !!
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    I have no plans to sell mine.    I've had two previous ones and regretted selling them so this one is staying.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_P said:
    I have no plans to sell mine.    I've had two previous ones and regretted selling them so this one is staying.
    I'll give you £450 for it! ;) 

(Not really) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • GadgetGadget Frets: 895
    I still have mine, bought new in 2004 (arrived 2006!)
    I think, therefore.... I... ummmm........
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    John_P said:
    I'll give you £450 for it! ;) 

(Not really) 
    I’d pass on that.  

But it if you can wait I’ll order another one and sell you that when it arrives.  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30888
    Does this make this an Abdication of Tone or an all out coup?

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    I'm on the list but admit I've gone off the idea. Who wants my place in the queue ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    I’ve got one incoming  :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7768
    I have a clone in the classifieds for a fraction of £475. Just sayin
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    Analog Mike also lists them on ebay to match other sellers prices, this is an attempt to keep the sell on price as low as possible, basically stopping people trying to sell them on for profit for silly money, it wouldnt surprise me if this is the case with so many currently available. Analog Mike's an absolute legend and KOT's are actually not crazy expensive when you finally get to the top of the list, thats unless you go for all the extras!

Analogman pedals are definitely some of the best on the planet in my opinion, personally cant live without my KOT and its still one of my favourite pedals to kick on, Its really allowed me to focus and improve on my playing and it sounds excellent with any and every guitar and amp combination I choose to use (Even rubbish rehearsal room amps)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MrMusicMrMusic Frets: 44
    I'm on the list but admit I've gone off the idea. Who wants my place in the queue ;)
    Yes please, but i dont actually know if my conscience would allow me to accept your very kind offer as (a.) you will definitely regret it when you finally recieve the email from Analogman and (b.) I have 2 KOT's already, one for road use and a back up in storage, i kinda think having 3 KOT's could maybe be a bit much......actually.....never to much, I need 5!
  • Never understood why people pay the insane money for these.

Put yourself on the list, buy a clone. Use the clone until your name comes up. Sell clone, keep real deal. You've supported the builder, you've had the use of the pedal the whole time, and you paid sensible money. Job done. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    MrMusic said:
    Yes please, but i dont actually know if my conscience would allow me to accept your very kind offer as (a.) you will definitely regret it when you finally recieve the email from Analogman and (b.) I have 2 KOT's already, one for road use and a back up in storage, i kinda think having 3 KOT's could maybe be a bit much......actually.....never to much, I need 5!
    I don't think I will 'cos I've just bought a Strymon sunset which should and I say should cover all my OD needs now LOL
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    R.e "King of Tone mass exodus?" You have to wonder, two KOTs have appeared in classifieds section in the last day. Listening to a few of the demos it doesn't sound much different to the Moring Glory clone I've got, which is based on the old Bluesbreaker pedal.
    Octafish said:
    R.e "King of Tone mass exodus?" You have to wonder, two KOTs have appeared in classifieds section in the last day. Listening to a few of the demos it doesn't sound much different to the Moring Glory clone I've got, which is based on the old Bluesbreaker pedal.
    I think the bubble is beginning to burst :(
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    I hit the top of the list about 18 months ago and have still not purchased and the exchange rate is not helping. 

High gain red side is the one to have ? 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    Octafish said:
    I think the bubble is beginning to burst :(

The waiting list says otherwise. When people are flogging them at 60% of new value, as with every other pedal on the planet, that's when the bubble has burst. That people can try it on at 100% mark up, no wonder there are some for sale. Personally have never tried one and don't have a particular desire too either, but you can't argue with the facts.
    It's got to stop soon though hasn't it. I mean we aren't stupid are we ;) Silly money for a not very rare pedal