New guitar slide invention

What's Hot
TintiTinti Frets: 7
edited October 2017 in Made in the UK
Please check out my new invention.  It’s a slide that is capable of producing the sounds of an Indian Sitar as well as traditional slide tones.https://youtu.be/r7JQ-YM2J08
4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6127
    edited October 2017 tFB Trader
    Tinti said:
    Hey guys check this little beauty. A guitar slide that can sound like an Indian sitar on one side and a warm traditional tone on the other . 
    Maybe not the best way to introduce yourself to the forum........ please Private message me I'll explain why.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • TrotterTrotter Frets: 516
    edited October 2017
    Hi, Welcome to the forum. Thank you for attempting to sell us your product.. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Trotter said:
    Hi, Welcome to the forum. Thank you for poorly attempting to sell us your product.. 

FTFY
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Send me a free one and I'll do a proper demo/review for you.  ;)

In fact, send a bunch out to mods and members etc to gauge the response. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27452
    *sigh* - why do so many people get this so wrong, so often???

Thanks for taking your time @thorpyFX.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26945
    TTony said:

Because nobody *ever* reads the T&Cs on a web forum. It's a simple fact of life, just like the amazon T&Cs, the iTunes T&Cs, the warnings when you install anything on a PC. We're all conditioned to ignore and accept all that stuff.

I'm not sure what the answer is (other than maybe a quiz when you sign up?) but that's the issue.

Also in this case, it's been a standard feature of forums for 20 years now that people trying to promote something but not understanding how internet promotion or internet forums work will think that posting a link pretending to be "just a customer" is effective and a good idea. Clearly it's not, but that hasn't changed since the dawn of people using the internet, and it's not going to change now.

To the OP (@Tinti) - assuming you come back, it's good to engage with people. We're actually very welcoming when it's a post of "Hi guys, I've invented this thing and want to engage with guitar players - what do you think?", then get involved in the forum as a whole.

We're a good bunch. Most of us ;)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • I'll also volunteer to review it and provide honest feedback :)
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27452
    TTony said:

Because nobody *ever* reads the T&Cs on a web forum. It's a simple fact of life, just like the amazon T&Cs, the iTunes T&Cs, the warnings when you install anything on a PC. We're all conditioned to ignore and accept all that stuff.
    It's not really about reading the T&Cs.

It's more about understanding the channel that you're trying to use, before you jump in with both feet and abuse it.

Why don't people take a little time to read other threads, from other businesses maybe, and seeing how they've introduced themselves and interacted with the forum.  

The pub analogy has been used before - it's appropriate.  You wouldn't walk into a busy pub that you've never been to before and start shouting "hey everyone, I'm here, buy my shit".  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LewyLewy Frets: 4183
    "slide" and "gadget"

Two words that, when together in a single sentence, seldom make the world a better place musically.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RavenousRavenous Frets: 1484
    Lewy said:
    "slide" and "gadget"

Two words that, when together in a single sentence, seldom make the world a better place musically.

Especially with "Amazing"!

Anyway from the description given, I think I can build one myself...

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    I’ll take one!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• Aye, I'll take one too
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    I'll take 4! one for each finger
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6127
    tFB Trader
    Btw,

The videos of this gadget are pretty bloody good. It does look like a great way to get sitar sounds from a slide.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    TTony said:

You wouldn't walk into a busy pub that you've never been to before and start shouting "hey everyone, I'm here, buy my shit".  
    Unless you are selling War Cry ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    well i was interested so googled it and found the same message was posted on multiple forums at the same time.

It does look fun

• It's like when the Beeb banned Frankie Goes To Hollywood's Relax, which was so much better than Paul Hollywood's Relax.

I WANT TO KNOW MORE!!!
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16665
    Well I googled  "sitar slide tinti" and found it pretty quickly
  • TintiTinti Frets: 7
    Hi guys thanks for the advice ,I can only apologise for any miss leading info ,I am totally guilty of not understanding how this works ,being a complete novice ,and would love to engage with the forum ,like you say I should have read up on it first .
    would love to explain a bit more technically  on why the slide works in the way it does ,as it isn't  as simple as it first appears  thanks for the advice guys 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @Tinti , PMed