Acus One acoustic amp

What's Hot
ICBMICBM Frets: 26820
Anyone got one of these?

I've never come across them before but one came into the shop as a potential sale yesterday and I had a brief listen to it. My first impression was that it was quite AER-like, but actually sounded better. It looks solidly-made, but I haven't opened it up yet.

Made in Italy so my initial thought was that they were related to MarkBass in some way...
"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 2284
    are these in some way related to SR Technologies?  think there was some kind of takeover?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 26820
    Yes, from a bit of searching they're an offshoot of the same family business, or something like that. The amps do look quite similar.
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
  • camfcamf Frets: 633
    I've had one for the last year. Great for acoustic rehearsals at home. 
    The third channel makes a difference.
    This one is an older model 6, so only two channels - that would probably be a limitation for me too.
    Ah. Well it will be good to hear what you think of the build quality once you've had a look. 
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 38
    I have a Acus One 6t and it's a fantastic amp, as you say very aer like but I find it slightly warmer and less clinical. 

I believe it's designed by the same tech as the Schertler series of acoustic amps.

They seem to share a similar design though I've not tried one of them to compare. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Chris_J said:
    I have a Acus One 6t and it's a fantastic amp, as you say very aer like but I find it slightly warmer and less clinical.
    That's exactly what I thought from a brief test in the shop… although I'd maybe say a bit more than slightly.
  • AlexHunterAlexHunter Frets: 216
    I've got one. Bought after trying it against AER, Fishman and Tanglewood alternatives - just seemed to have more sparkle (I don't know what other word to use). Also like the simple ergonomics and hole in the bottom so it mounts directly onto a PA speaker stand - gigged it, rehearsed with it and haven't sold it so clearly I must like it.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
    Forgot to update this - I bought it :).
    That's good to know. :)
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 38
    Great stuff, I'm dead happy with mine :)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 2402
    they are superb