Your current drive flavour of choice?

What's Hot

Comments

• @Wazmeister I thought you were selling the Chase Bliss. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    @Wazmeister I thought you were selling the Chase Bliss. 
    Its up for sale, but Im still not sure... the problem is  have SO little room on my board...
  • Mad Professor Bluebird, been No1 drive for two years now, drive & delay in one stomp
  • @Wazmeister I thought you were selling the Chase Bliss. 
    Its up for sale, but Im still not sure... the problem is  have SO little room on my board...
    What size of board do you have and what do you have on it?
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9528
    @Wazmeister I thought you were selling the Chase Bliss. 
    What size of board do you have and what do you have on it?
    Schmidt Array 450 (the smaller one)

Top bunk - El Cap, Blackbird, KOT

Bottom bunk - Henrietta Trem, Cali 76, CE2w, Big Sky, Gigrig G2

Interchangeable - Brothers, Particle, RC-3, SIB Echodrive
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I think the next kit I'm going to buy is a Blues Breaker.
    General Guitar Gadgets is selling a pedal that's 2 blues breakers in one pedal. This sounds like a cool
    pedal .hmm

• DaevidJDaevidJ Frets: 414
    EQD Talons :)
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    baddog01 said:
    I think the next kit I'm going to buy is a Blues Breaker.
    General Guitar Gadgets is selling a pedal that's 2 blues breakers in one pedal. This sounds like a cool
    pedal .hmm

That sounds like the 'king' of pedals... ;)
  • For me it's either JHS Twin Twelve or MXR Dist +
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • rico said:
    baddog01 said:
    I think the next kit I'm going to buy is a Blues Breaker.
    pedal .hmm

That sounds like the 'king' of pedals... ;)
    What's nice about doing these kits is you can mod the heck out of them. You can always find mod ideas on line.  
     Right now I have a GGG Marshall Guv-nor that I really like. Also have a TS808 reissue that's been modded. A cheep Chinese klon clone that I got off of eBay.

I know a lot of people frown on the Chinese pedal thing but for a person who can't afford a King of Tone it will have to do.  
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2896
    edited October 2017
    My tone of choice has always been a hot rodded Marshall but thicker than the usual classic rock fare. I use amp gain but if I was going back to pedals I imagine it'd be a Super Crunch Box or similar for me. I also like the sound of some of the higher gain tweed style pedals like the C'bread Formula 55 and no.5.

I do have a bit of a thing for fuzzes but still yet to find one that works for me. It's hard to get that balance of raw sounding but full and thick without getting too muddy. I think I favour big muff style but yet to try a tone bender.
  • kjdowdkjdowd Frets: 852
    I have a Klon KTR back in my life and am reminded just how wonderful it is as an always in boost. For drive, it's currently chase bliss brothers, KOT and a white atom fuzz. 

Boss BD-2W is also a fine, fine pedal though. And the blackstone mosfet drive is also nice. 
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    edited October 2017
    It's a tossup between the Bogner Burnley for heavier sounds and Xotic BB booster for slightly more raw stuff. Wouldnt' say I prefer one over t'other. But they're going into an AC30 so it's a mix of pedal and amp breakup.
  • FezFez Frets: 522
    rico said:
    @Fez try a BB type!
    I have built the BYOC one and tried the Marshall BB2 but not with my current amps. The Marshall pedals sound great but they don't velcro on pedalboards very well and the knobs are naff. I need to try a few but the Thorpy Peacekeeper is one I'm interested in.

Don't touch that dial.
  • I can't foresee anything kicking my Tim off my pedalboard any time soon. Great sounding pedal.
  • I'm not a big user of drive pedals, as 90% of the time I'd rather just turn the amp up until I get the amount of drive I want even if it's at deafening volume, but I really love the Thorpy Peacekeeper and Gunshot. I think it's because they sound far more amp-like than the vast majority of pedals do. They really are brilliant and I need to investigate more of his work. 
  • At the moment I've got a Skreddy Screwdriver Deluxe clone and a Zendrive clone on my board. Might change up.

Don't talk politics and don't throw stones. Your royal highnesses.

• JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1259
    Rothwell Hellbender. I don’t care if it is unfashionable, it sounds bloody fantastic...

Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    I'm not a big user of drive pedals, as 90% of the time I'd rather just turn the amp up until I get the amount of drive I want even if it's at deafening volume, but I really love the Thorpy Peacekeeper and Gunshot. I think it's because they sound far more amp-like than the vast majority of pedals do. They really are brilliant and I need to investigate more of his work. 
    When practical - so do I. Then the drives are used as boosts. My favourite for this at the moment is a klon type with gain almost at zero and treble just past noon and level set just after unity. Into a cooking JMP it sounds fantastic. 
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6389
    edited October 2017
    Subtle boost - Xotic EP Booster - first pedal on ANY board I have.

For hair raising sounds either a Keeley Java boost (to break glass) or a new Tubescreamer Mini I'm getting to grips with.

For the grit ZenDrive or TRex Moller.
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback