Only if I play

What's Hot
I get asked if I go to festivals (Reading, Download, Glasto, etc) all the time whenever people find out I've played/playing in a band, my response is always that I will only go to one if I play. Does anyone have this kind of motto? It'll probably never happen but will be super-sweet if I do ever play. Even if its some unsigned shitty tent or something. I've stuck by this and to date have never been cos I won't get to play!
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Do you like food? I’ve been to Grill Stock a few  times. Only 2 stages and no camping but got to see Hayseed Dixie, Goldie Lookin Chain, and eat some great ribs and burgers.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yes I do but I'd still want to play haha.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1813
    You're missing out is all I can say. Just go and take it in and you may even get asked whilst your there. 
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • cruxiformcruxiform Frets: 2533
    Last festival I went to was Glasto 1996. We jumped the fence, as we did in 95 and 94. Was worth every penny.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26743
    That’s like never going to gigs if you’re not playing. 

You're definitely missing out.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TrudeTrude Frets: 914
    Sounds like the kind of system to bring in AFTER you start playing a lot of festivals, no?

And having played and attended plenty of them myself, I can tell you it's a lot easier to enjoy what's on offer when you're not performing yourself. Finding a place to safely store your gear for the weekend away from rain, mud and crazies being just one of the challenges. Most often I'll ship out shortly after playing because it's just too much hassle to stick around. 
    Some of the gear, some idea

Trading feedback here
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    Time to give up that motto. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10356
    The good thing about playing the festivals is A : you get in for free and B: as a muso it's a lot easier to smuggle your alcohol in. 
    This year at Victorious Festival I smuggled my alcohol in with my guitar and amp, did the gig and then thought I'll pack the gear back in the car,  and so stupidly smuggled my alcohol back out the festival and had to get it back in again .... luckily security were fooled by the jumper in my rucksack which was covering the stash
    www.2020studios.co.uk 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    I'm the opposite. The only gigs I get to go to these days are the ones that I'm playing (I'm talking about pub gigs here!). Sometimes I get sick of playing gigs and just want to watch a band play while enjoying a pint. Unfortunately it's too hard to find a good live rock band where I live.