What should I buy to compliment my Kemper?

What's Hot
All in on my Kemper now bar a Peavey 6505+ sitting around as a backup.

Kemper sounds ace but I want better effects, especially reverb as a priority. Would be nice to have something that’ll cover some ground with the Peavey should things go tits up. Ideally needs to be small enough to fit in a rack.

Here’s what I’m thinking...

Something like a Polara and Obscura, maybe something else and spend the rest on cake. Can’t control with Midi though.

A Blue Sky or Big Sky, maybe a RV500? 

Eventide H9 Max. Can do anything but expensive, which leads on to...

Fractal FX8. Pricey but best bang for the buck by a large margin.

Probably buy most of these used if possible.

Yes I’ve owned most of these before but not in this application and I just can’t decide because I’m useless. Help. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FX8, just because the Fractal reverbs are great
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited October 2017
    FX8, just because the Fractal reverbs are great
    Can't argue with this, buy it and forget it. If anything is lacking you can add a pedal or two later.

I think it is a superb combo. I would love to test it against a Helix or Axe FX, but I doubt if I could give up my pure Kemper amp tones, as they are something special to my ears.

The only puzzle is, I'm not sure why this solution isn't more widespread? I seem to be in a minority here  B

PS Kemper will upgrade the reverbs at some point, but I love having access to both Kemper and Fractal FX, Pre and Post amp (4CM). For me personally, this is a big bonus when it comes to creativity.

PPS Reamping and adding more FX ITB gets even more crazy! I'm still waiting for the new musical paradigm to appear  
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993

Dude, your gear roundabout is brilliant :P

second hand DD500 and RV500?

• sgosden said:

Dude, your gear roundabout is brilliant :P

second hand DD500 and RV500?

Ha ha, I keep selling stuff and thinking damn, I could do with that now! Or conversely buying something and thinking shouldn't have bought that. :') 

Not a bad shout, haven't seen a RV500 up for sale yet though, possibly won't be long!
  • John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    edited October 2017
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    some nice slippers...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • 57Deluxe said:
    some nice slippers...
    I’ve already got some nice furry ones with pom poms on
  • Oh, and I’ve just scored a cheap H9 Max, hopefully I’ll have better luck with this one! 
  • I'll second the H9 approach, especially as you can just buy up to four more Core pedals and have them Max'd for free if you need more options. My Kemper is yet to arrive, but I thought I'd get ahead on the fx side with two. Plus the form factor is great, the app is brilliant, plus midi :-)
  • I'll second the H9 approach, especially as you can just buy up to four more Core pedals and have them Max'd for free if you need more options. My Kemper is yet to arrive, but I thought I'd get ahead on the fx side with two. Plus the form factor is great, the app is brilliant, plus midi :-)
    I was wondering about this actually, can I max out a core even though I bought the Max used? It's registered to my own account now. 
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    a hammer
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom