Line6 M9 users help pls

What's Hot
randersonranderson Frets: 187
I've recently acquired a used M9 so not 100% sure how the switches are supposed to work but I'm sure I should be able to effectively save 6 'pedals' per scene?

However with this unit if a switch on the bottom tier is turned on it will automatically turn off the corresponding switch on the tier above. i.e. 1a will turn of 2a, 2c will turn off 1c. Effectively I can only have three pedals on at one time and no two that are vertically above or below from each other. Surely this shouldn't be the case.

Any M9 users out there to shed some light pls?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    That sounds right to me.... You get 6 pedals per scene but you can only have 3 on at any one time
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    OK thanks very much
  • CabicularCabicular Frets: 2214
    Even the M13 only gave you 4 at a time
    This was still pretty good for the time
    In these days of FX8s and Helix it does seem like only a few but I was able to do just about everything with 4 FX and a wah 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26927
    edited October 2017
    Yup, that's exactly how it works. Effectively 3 pairs of pedals. I chucked a wah and a Rat in front of mine and gigged it very happily for a couple of years  

You get used to setting up pairs of things you don't want to use together

I think I had mine setup as [ Whammy +12 / Phase ] into [ Big Delay / Flanger ] into [ slapback / Reverb ].

So I always had a way of pitch shift & mod, or delay & mod plus some kind of reverb/slapback to give some "space" to clean sounds
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • randersonranderson Frets: 187
    Just to follow on - does a pedal selected, turn off the pedal directly above or below though? For example I can't have top right pedal on at the same time as bottom right pedal, even if they are the only two pedals on. Same for the two middle pedals of each row and same for the two pedals on the left of their respective row.

As soon as one pedal is selected, if the pedal directly above or below was on, it is automatically turned off.
  • PaulRRPaulRR Frets: 11
    Yes - that's exactly how it works - effectively you have three "pedals" (which Line 6 term as FX Units) each of which has an A and a B mode (bottom switch or top switch) - each switch can be allocated to any of the available FX but you can't run both switches' FX simultaneously. It's either/or. So, for example, if you always want reverb and delay available together then one shouldn't be allocated to the switch immediately above or below the other. I hope that makes sense.