Victory V30 or Friedman Runt 20 or Sheriff 22

What's Hot
the_mechanicthe_mechanic Frets: 9
edited October 2017 in Amps
Hey guys,
what do you think about this two (EDIT: THREE) amps? Someone owns at least one of 'em?
I'm very curious because it seems they sounds amazing and they're very portable, which one would you choose and why?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4290
    edited October 2017
    Never played a Runt but owned a V30 for a day lol

One of the worst amps I've owned. Dull and lifeless. Very disappointing 
  • I owned a V30 briefly. It's pretty much impossible to get both channels balanced nicely with the shared EQ. 

If you dial dial up a nice full clean sound the overdrive channel is far to dark. Likewise if you dial in the overdrive channel to be nice and cutting in a band mix, the clean channel is thin and lifeless.
  • uncledickuncledick Frets: 403
    I've played through a Runt 20 which was very nice but several people are moving them on for one reason or another.  You're also in Brunetti territory here.  The demos sound fab.  There's a thread down the page somewhere.
  • You're killing the Victory V30! Demos sounded nice.. :(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've got a Runt 20 and I'm a fan. Great clean tones, more than enough quality sounding gain for most. Nice and compact, but the real winner is the xlr output on the back. Straight into an interface without a cab plugged in. Then I can practice nicely with phones on at home or do some fairly silent recording. I've been using it with a friends Zilla fat boy cab and it makes a fair racket. Could be cheaper but hey ho. 
  • I've got a v30, and have had it for about 18 months - so seem to be in a different camp. I agree on the shared eq, it can be frustrating - however I have a graphic in the loop, so it's not a problem. I'd recommend an EQ for anyone actually - completely changes the amp.

I think it's great, and you can get some really good tones out of it - it takes pedals well.

You do need to put it into the sweet spot, and then shape the EQ into it, thats how I make it sound good, but that might just be me.

Sounds much better at full volume rather than down low and I really don't like the low power mode, it just sounds a bit lifeless - switching to the higher power mode it much better.

I like it and works for me, just get to try one and see what you think
  • I have to try it.
    I'm looking into a Sheriff 22 aswell, someone pointed at it.
    By the way, the thing is I already have a Friedman BE-OD, which is a freakin' killer pedal. Dunno!

Maybe a Victory V30 + Friedman BE-OD would be a good compromise.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I have to try it.
    I'm looking into a Sheriff 22 aswell, someone pointed at it.
    By the way, the thing is I already have a Friedman BE-OD, which is a freakin' killer pedal. Dunno!

Maybe a Victory V30 + Friedman BE-OD would be a good compromise.
    I like the Sherriff, but it doesn't seem to take pedals very well if thats your thing Treble booster, clean boost OK, anything with a bit more colour it doesn't seem to gel with. Depends what sound you are after
  • Well, I'm pretty straightforward. Od, Fuzz, Delay and reverb. Sometime i use wahs
  • the_mechanicthe_mechanic Frets: 9
    edited October 2017
    No other people with some sort of experience with these three amps? 3
  • DanRDanR Frets: 1041
    I had the runt 50 for a while and didn't like it.

The mini Dirty Shirley works much better and set for crunch to clean up with you volume and a pedal in front to go metal.

I have owned the V40 and Kraken but not V30.

Neither lasted long.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom