Bending a trem arm

What's Hot
So I've just aquired a Wudtone trem system from @TwoSpellWizard and the arm sits a little higher that I'd like. In fact all three of my Wudtone arms are bent at different heights.

So given that these arms are stainless steel, what's the best way to bend it a little? I'm thinking: stick it in a vice with some rubber shields over the jaws to prevent marking it (don't ask why I think that might happen :) ) apply a bit of heat with a heat gun and then give it a good old yank in the desired direction.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Exactly that, but don't heat it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    I did that but used two offcuts of wood in the vice. Yeah, no heat required.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14412
    The ideal thing would be a bending jig. 

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I've used a B&D Workbench to do this successfully
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • CorvusCorvus Frets: 2925
    tFB Trader
    A padded vice and have at it, but anything will do if you don't have a vice, something to grip the short part. You want as much of the short leg as poss clamped, so that doesn't bend as well. It'll bend easily, the thing is not over-bending it.
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    edited October 2017
    I've always wanted a reason to post this! :))

Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • normula1normula1 Frets: 640
    Thanks chaps, a good old yank in a vice sorted it.