SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

fs/ft Bitsocaster, now withdrawn

What's Hot
wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 256
edited July 2020 in Guitars £
After my recent thread in the Gear-Guitar section I have reassembled this but try as I might I still can't get on with the neck profile which for me has always been it's weak point, having spotted a PRS EG with a flatter neck & shorter scale I think its time to move this on for something I would use rather than leaving it under the bed gathering dust again.What we have is something that looks like an early 60's Strat but is actually a collection of parts, some older than others, assembled to make a guitar, it must be worth more than a copy but obviously nowhere near what an genuine one would fetch, I don't want to eBay this, as in the wrong hands it could be faked up even more, so it's cash on collection only from sunny Devon so any prospective buyer can see exactly what they are getting or tell me otherwise, if you have an EG3 or 4 talk to me 
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/91ffc5rc0tmvhhw/AABxc0U3IGV7zAPGWrROkPXDa?dl=0

here is a link to original thread
Bitsocaster, any ideas ?
3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Tokai neck?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3186
    Much as it’ll be frustrating to go back on the work you have clearly put in, you may have to consider parting this out to get back the amount you have invested in building it. Best of luck with the sale, hope you get a bite before it comes to that.
  • Bump, may listen to offers but I'm tempted to buy a new neck with a flatter radius & keeping this, that way I would still have most of a real 60's strat albeit not a completely genuine one.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    "Any ideas?" It's alot of money for a Tokai neck and mystery body so I'd personally lower the price. 
  • ^ what he said
  • Yeah, please provide some more information on parts, it's hard to gauge what it is and why it is £950
  • Pot codes are 6114 all other electrics look to be similar age, body has been refinished at some point but routing & ser no appear to indicate early 60's, however I have decided to withdraw from sale & look for a 12" radius neck.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042
    Wis ^

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;)