Matthew Good

What's Hot
skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
edited October 2017 in Music
Not often heard in the UK but I've been into Matt Good for many years since my Uni days. He's got a new album out which is a corker (currently on rotation with the new Tori Amos and Queens of the Stone Age album...they all work quite well...). 

Any Matt fans on here? I like the guitar tone on Something Like A Storm quite a bit. He's got a chap called Stuart Cameron playing on the album and live. I want to nick his tone so any pointers are welcome.... ;-)

Studio version of "Decades"

And Live...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    I've only ever had one album of his - Beautiful Midnight - and it's one of my favourite's. Never really checked out much of his solo stuff, but I'll check this out tomorrow! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 200
    joneve said:
    I've only ever had one album of his - Beautiful Midnight - and it's one of my favourite's. Never really checked out much of his solo stuff, but I'll check this out tomorrow! 
    Check out Vancouver and Arrows of Desire. Avalanche is either sublime or impenetrable - noteworthy nevertheless. But the new one is very impressive. Plus you have to listen to Audio of Being for some MGB magic. When it's good it's very very good... Probably my favourite. He redid some Beautiful Midnight tracks on an EP earlier this year I think. Redid Suburbia on it which I think works well...

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Having a Canadian day today now, with the news of the Tragically Hip's Gord Downie passing away yesterday. 

• LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3832
    Is he related to Ebeneezer?
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5410
    Great band. Love the riff and the middle 8 on ‘Everything Is Automatic’. 
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2325
    hadn't heard of him. had a listen on spotify and liking it. cheers fellas.