SORTED - THANKS - LOOPER ADVICE PLEASE.

What's Hot
jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
edited October 2017 in FX
Hopefully now sorted . Many thanks for all the input.

Thinking of either a Boss RC3 or Digitech Jam Man Solo XT.

Needs to be:
  • Small footprint (Boss pedal size max)
  • Easy to use. 
  • Great quality.
  • Ideally some sort of drum beat available.
  • Ability to store loops etc.

Have had a Ditto X2 which was great but lacking some of the above options.

Thoughts/Advice please.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    RC3 definitely has some basic drum beats but not sure on the Digitech. I've had both and have kept the RC3 if that helps. It'll certainly meet your criteria and can also be battery powered if needed which the Digitech can't. I've found the facility to use extra footswitches useful too.
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 208
    Beexter said:
    RC3 definitely has some basic drum beats but not sure on the Digitech. I've had both and have kept the RC3 if that helps. It'll certainly meet your criteria and can also be battery powered if needed which the Digitech can't. I've found the facility to use extra footswitches useful too.
    Thanks @Beexter this useful. Why didn't you keep/like the Digitech?

• smigeonsmigeon Frets: 283
    edited October 2017
    My perception was that the Digitech failed on your “quality” criterion - for me, it compressed unpleasantly compared to the TC Ditto (mark 1) and Pigtronix Infinity that I have now. Both the Ditto and the Infinity are, to me, totally transparent; the Digitech, not so much.
    smigeon said:
    My perception was that the Digitech failed on your “quality” criterion - for me, it compressed unpleasantly compared to the TC Ditto (mark 1) and Pigtronix Infinity that I have now. Both the Ditto and the Infinity are, to me, totally transparent; the Digitech, not so much.
    Again - Useful. Many thanks.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    edited October 2017
    jimkehoe saidu:
    Beexter said:

The Digitech went some time ago but from memory, I preferred the sound of the RC3 and was able to start and stop loops more consistently. The battery option is useful too and the RC3 doesn't rely on a memory card either.
    Beexter said:
    jimkehoe saidu:
    Beexter said:

The Digitech went some time ago but from memory, I preferred the sound of the RC3 and was able to start and stop loops more consistently. The battery option is useful too and the RC3 doesn't rely on a memory card either.
    Excellent. Many thanks. Boss is looking favourite.
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    Boss is on my list too. See you over on eBay soon lol
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    It looks like they go for fairly silly money on E-Bay (RC3 £90+). Tempted to pop into local store Anderfons and bite the bullet (Andertons £125) or maybe wood brass online (£110 delivered).
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    jimkehoe said:
    It looks like they go for fairly silly money on E-Bay (RC3 £90+). Tempted to pop into local store Anderfons and bite the bullet (Andertons £125) or maybe wood brass online (£110 delivered).
    Yes I noticed that. That's why I haven't bid on any yet. May as well buy new at some of those prices ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I had an RC3 and it sucked all the top end from my signal. Moved it on in the end and I wouldn’t get another for that reason. 
  • Nobody mentioned Trio+ yet? Oh wait...you said small...

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you

I have just returned from Andertons where I went to look at some of the options and have returned with a 2nd hand as new RC30 with guarantee and 14 day return policy - So fingers crossed all sorted. I know I said small but it can probably sit beside the pedalboard. Thanks for all the advice and suggestions - All appreciated.