Fishman Aura Spectrum - ?

What do we think of these?

There's one for sale local to me secondhand and it just piqued my interest (I wasn't specifically looking for anything, you know how it goes I'm sure)

Thoughts?

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• LewyLewy Frets: 4126
    Sounds very good if you've got an undersaddle piezo. Pretty lousy with any other kind of pickup. Rubbish tuner.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FloofFloof Frets: 17
    ah, as you were then
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71953
    Brilliant on the rare occasions when you get it just dialled in perfectly and the planets all align at the same time.

Frustratingly not-quite-right-sounding and annoying otherwise. 1% of the time it sounds magical. 99% of the time my old pure analogue Fishman Pro EQ preamp sounds better, even with a plain piezo UST.

Rubbish tuner, and the anti-feedback function isn't very useful either. Horrible footswitches.

Ridiculous price, but if you get it cheap enough then the EQ, compressor and DI output are probably worth having.

Anyone want to buy one? :)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson