Anyone selling a Marshall 1 watt combo??

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• A 1 watt DSL sounds good though I hope they've added an FX loop 
    The original DSL-1C had an fx loop. Just also hope it has a proper headphone socket. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • DavyDavy Frets: 1
    Hopefully the Softtube emulated out doubles as a headphone socket as well. They're missing a trick if it doesn't.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Agree.
  • DavyCDavyC Frets: 2
    I just found the description (snagged from a dealer) that I posted on TGP a while back and, for the 20w, the blurb says "new SoftTube designed emulated headphone/line out (emulating the classic 1960 cab)". It looks like, on the 20 at least, the emulated out is indeed also a headphone out. I can't see that being any different for the emulated out on the other amps.
  • Fingers crossed. Thanks buddy. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 26803
    edited October 23
    It’s a bit of big chap. The main motivator is space. I have a DSL401 in my “music room” which is awesome. But need a smaller one for the lounge where I practice when my sons in bed. 

Got it a blackstar ID Core 10 at the moment which does a job but want a smal valve combo, I’ve tried the blackstar 1 watt and just don’t like the tone. 

Plus the ability to crank when I don’t have to be quiet is a bonus.
    Have you tried the DSL-1C yet?

If you haven't but you're just interested because it's a small Marshall valve amp, think again.

Just my opinion obviously, but I think the DSL-1C sounds terrible. Better through a 4x12", but still not by any means good. To be honest I wouldn't pay £49 for one let alone £499.

A Lead 12 - including the second version, with the 8" speaker - will sound better. Or an AVT20. Maybe even a MG15… seriously.

(I didn't want to say that earlier in case you already liked them, taste is a personal thing!)
    "Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone."
  • ricorico Frets: 547
    The new 20w el34 head could be exciting!
  • They are around at decent money if you are patient, I bought a JVM1C from ramjam in Aberdeen at the start of the year for £300. I was really looking for a JMP but i tried it and really liked it.

Take it you've seen the one on ebay at £700?  :#
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • They are around at decent money if you are patient, I bought a JVM1C from ramjam in Aberdeen at the start of the year for £300. I was really looking for a JMP but i tried it and really liked it.

Yeah. Very expensive. JVM1C for £300???  That’s a cracking deal. 

I think the £700 one is OTT. 

Re the rumours of the new DSL-1CR. I understand this may not be a rumour so I’ll wait for that I think. 
  • I have a boxed and pretty much new jcm1 combo I'd consider selling 
  • I have a boxed and pretty much new jcm1 combo I'd consider selling 
    Cheers fella. A week ago I’d probably have bitten your hand off. But Marshall are apparently releasing an all new DSL 1CR in November/December retailing at about £300 new so I’m going to wait for that one. Especially as it is rumoured to have a headphone socket too. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Re the rumours of the new DSL-1CR. I understand this may not be a rumour so I’ll wait for that I think. 
    Yeah i thought so too but it sat there for months and months, was 450 then 400 then 350 then eventually £300, just to get rid of it. It's an awesome little thing! 

Yeah i thought so too but it sat there for months and months, was 450 then 400 then 350 then eventually £300, just to get rid of it. It's an awesome little thing! 
    You’re a lucky man. Hope the new DSL 1CR is just as awesome.
  • ricorico Frets: 547
    I picked my JVM1c of eBay for a lot less than £300...
  • rico said:
    I picked my JVM1c of eBay for a lot less than £300...
    Then you win the award for the bargain of the day. Ha ha. Very good deal if you got it under £300. 
  • If anyone is interested the place I bought my JVM1C have a JMP1H for £380 - and might be willing to negotiate
  • If anyone is interested the place I bought my JVM1C have a JMP1H for £380 - and might be willing to negotiate
    Not for me but that is a good price. Negotiated probably down to 300-350. That’s a deal.

They may have difficulty though if the rumours of the new DSL1CR and DSL1HR prove to be true. And I understand they are. 
  • mbembe Frets: 188
    I picked up a Randall Diavlo 1-watt combo yesterday for £99. Sounds very good if you like more gain, and built like a tank with a massive power transformer.

Discontinued now, but I've see a new one for sale online for £209. Has a 4x12 emulated balanced XLR out but no 'phones socket.
  • algroves1algroves1 Frets: 14
    I’ve got a surplus JMP1C available if you (or anybody else) want it? Boxed with certificate. £300. 

Never understood the negativity towards them...I have two (a head and combo) and get more enjoyment at home than my Dr Z, BadCat, Rectifier or 2204.