SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold - Gibson 2003 LP standard with hardcase and shipping option £1099

What's Hot
DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7117
edited November 2017 in Guitars £
This is the next one up on the conveyor belt out of my guitar den. It's in fantastic condition except for a small nick in the nut (painful). It's not near a slot so doesn't affect anything.

Plays great , sounds fantastic with a real thump to it. Although it's pre weight relief (I assume ?) it's not stupidly heavy - on my bathroom scales it's around 9.5 lb.

This one doesn't have a case , it's got one of those heavy duty black sleeping bag style Gibson USA gigbags with the green fur lining.  

For that reason it's collection only but happy to meet somewhere like Bath, Exeter or Winchester as it gets my Mrs out of the house, I then buy her shit from the shops and she forgets how much I spend on guitars.

I'm looking for £1150 (now £1099) but I've been chatting to @Dominic and watching YouTube vids and wouldn't mind giving an unpowered Kemper toaster a run out in case anyone fancies a swap. I just missed out on one via Facebook this week for £1100 because I paused and thought about it which is unlike me.

https://imgur.com/gallery/UdMNw

EDIT - some better photos below

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice finish.

Amused by one of the comments on Imgur..
    A failed model that has since become an icon. On its own merits was kicked to the curb in 1960. Nostalgia revived it in '68.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yeah I do enjoy the Imgur comments , I've had some great convos with people recently on there (usually Yanks)
  • bump
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7117
    edited October 2017
    Still here gang , price drop £1099
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump for glorious new photos
  • Trade fell through so back up bump
  • On hold , have been playing some Skynard on it this morning and a rethink is needed. I may actually have to save up for a Kemper
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Back up for sale bump - I don't need an LP, a 335 and the Luke 3 and keeping the LP is preventing me from buying other stuff !

I can't go any lower that £1099 though unfortunately.
  • Yes you read that correctly, a really nice proper 2003 Les Paul that isn't heavy for £1025. Surely it goes at that price !
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    It’s a bargain Con. Sadly I’m scuppered by the logistics....
  • Cheers Nik , I'll give it a day on here then drop the price on EBay . I'm supposed to be saving for a Kemper but I bought a MM Albert Lee very late last night after a few beers when you shouldn't really be making decisions of that magnitude!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ellwoodellwood Frets: 1113
    Cheers Nik , I'll give it a day on here then drop the price on EBay . I'm supposed to be saving for a Kemper but I bought a MM Albert Lee very late last night after a few beers when you shouldn't really be making decisions of that magnitude!
    Oops! Nice work ;)
  • SimpleSimonSimpleSimon Frets: 1025
    edited November 2017
    I suspect the lack of hardcase is making people look elsewhere?

• Yeah possibly SS. If someone wants to pay for a case on top I'll buy one to ship it in if that is the deal breaker 
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7117
    edited November 2017
    I've just ordered a really nice new brown kinsman hard case for it so wil now be able to ship it too.  I've had to bump the price or it's too much of a hit. I think £1099 for a 2003 standard with a decent case is a good price though.
  • And sold ......my lesson learned today is buy a hardcase sooner next time :-)
  • Wow that was a quick turn of events.
  • Indeed it was J,

I'm just relived it went to a decent chap on here and not ebay as I've had 2 chancers on there bidding me stupid prices and asking dopey questions this week. One guy today just increased his original bid by £350 because 'now it has a hard case I can pay more'
  • Indeed it was J,

I'm just relived it went to a decent chap on here and not ebay as I've had 2 chancers on there bidding me stupid prices and asking dopey questions this week. One guy today just increased his original bid by £350 because 'now it has a hard case I can pay more'
    eBay has gone to the dogs.