Keane - Bedshaped

What's Hot
RandallFlaggRandallFlagg Frets: 13937
I remember hearing this on the radio for the first time. Loved it. Keyboards, bass, drums and voice and really powerful. A keyboard solo that sounds like a guitar. Great song. Not so "Keane" on the rest of their stuff really but this song is something else.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Great song to be fair.  Good album overall, whatever it was called

Gets boring though, if a song comes on Spotify I tend to skip it now

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I loved Keane in the early days my daughter and I must have done 4 or 5 gigs that year when they were new and they were great but they lost me somewhere along the way. But spent a few good nights singing along with this which was a great encore or final number and a great song. They were to me one of those bands that probably said it all on their first album and most of the other stuff was just variations on the theme. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72232
    Completely agree. I never really liked anything else they did, but this is a great song, with possibly the best keyboard solo in a modern mainstream pop record.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26893
    edited October 2017
    Great song. I saw them on a rainy Friday afternoon at Glastonbury when they were brand new. The sun came out just as they started iirc. Absolutely fantastic. 

I completely agree they went off the boil after that first record, but it's a great album
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • BRISTOL86BRISTOL86 Frets: 1920
    Superb song. Somewhere Only We Know is a decent song too but ive never been a big fan of much else they’ve done despite multiple attempts. 
  • jpttaylorjpttaylor Frets: 464
    Much in keeping with the rest of the thread, I never much liked Keane, but this is a great track. That said, Atlantic always edged it for me - something about the weird not quite 4/4 time signature draws me in every time.
  • I'm the opposite. Loved all the other songs, but thought this one was the most boring.

I think Keane are one of those bands that sound better live than on the album. Just put them in a room and mic them up instead of over producing everything and killing the vibe. Their radio 1 recordings are better than the album in my opinion.
  • sinbaadisinbaadi Frets: 1299
    Hopes And Fears was a good album.  Certainly easy listening for the most part but some good songs on there.  Bedshaped is excellent and I remember thinking the video was worthy of some sort of award but I don't know if it ever won anything.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11741
    I'm still a fan of that whole album
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I like that song. First time I've seen that video.
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    Keane are just one of those bands that makes me want to self harm, that song included.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3185
     think Keane are one of those bands that sound better live than on the album. Just put them in a room and mic them up instead of over producing everything and killing the vibe. 
    Agree.

Saw them on an early tour (Bell x1 were support and a far better band imo), however they did sound far better live than on the record. ‘She has no time’ (think that was the title) was hairs on the back of the neck stuff live, his voice was just stunning. 
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    That video is very good.
    Thanks for making me cry posting that.
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    Great song, I have a soft spot for Keane. Saw them maybe 2009-ish and they were awesome live, too.
  • Cirrus said:
    Great song, I have a soft spot for Keane. Saw them maybe 2009-ish and they were awesome live, too.

I like the first two albums, have them on CD somewhere (only we know)
  • Zodiac51Zodiac51 Frets: 340
    Love this song, and have always thought it was the most epic guitar solo that never was, real missed opportunity.

• I thought they were great when I saw them at the start, but didn't buy anything until the second album. Which was bollocks.