EHX Synth9

What's Hot
TTonyTTony Frets: 27452
https://www.ehx.com/products/synth9

I don't really "do" pedals.  I have some odds and ends that I mess with when I want something a bit different, but I've not completed the tone and FX quest - in search of "the sound" - that most people here seem to have done.

These Synth9 pedals seemed like they might be fun.  

Anyone had one, tried one, got experience of one?  Or is it just another pedal that I'd pay with for 10mins and then stick in the cupboard?
Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• hasslehamhassleham Frets: 605
    I think the only way you'll know is if you try one yourself. I tried a C9 a while ago having wanted one for ages and it occurred to me that it was just an octave pedal + different modulation effects saved as presets. I already owned an octaver and multiple modulation pedals so I couldn't really justify getting one. Having said that, it was a lot of fun and I felt like I could've sat in the shop for hours messing with all the presets.
    I wouldn't spend that much on a pedal just for home use but that's just me. I think the synth9 looks like the best pedal in the series so far and if I was in a band without a keys player I would get one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    hassleham said:
    just an octave pedal + different modulation effects saved as presets. 
    Electronic organs employ octave division. The Leslie cabinet introduces a Doppler effect. Thus, the basics of an organ sound can be simulated with the Electro-Harmonix Pitch Fork and Lester G pedals. What these pedals cannot simulate is the harmonic subtraction effects of the drawbars. How often you would want these sounds is a whole other topic.

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17598
    edited October 2017 tFB Trader
    I found the B9 initially cool but ultimately annoying due to limitations and then it broke.

One thing to note is that it doesn't sound like an organ unless you understand how to play like an organist.

You might be better with an Ego as you can jam over it.

Edit a Trio+ would be great for you (and not just because I'm selling one )
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6058
    You definitely have to 'play the pedal' with that type of effect. Useful if you you need to add instrumentation to a piece that you don't have access to. Having toyed with a couple I much prefer the POG2 where you can adjust and mould the sound to your taste.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27452
    I did look at the Trio+ @monquixote, when I saw you were selling one.

But if it's not good enough for you ...
    ;)

I'm also aware that I'm too easily seduced by YT promo vids, without really thinking too much about how or when I'd actually use the thing.  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom