Any opinion on Marshall 1965B particularly for bass

pintspillerpintspiller Frets: 994
I have a Hartke Transporter 410. A 1965B has appeared on Gumtree locally. I am a Marshall fanboy, so am wondering if it worthwhile getting this and selling on the Hartke.

I am more likely to gig as a bassist these days using a Sound City 50B+ or a modified MkII Superlead 100w.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72232
    I wouldn't put a 100W amp through it for bass, even though it's technically rated for 140W. It isn't a bass cab at all anyway, it will almost certainly be far too resonant to give a good sound even if the speakers will take it - the full-size Integrated Bass System cab they did in the 80s with 50W speakers isn't very good either, and that was actually designed for bass...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• @ICBM is IBS that solid state thing they did? I tried out their 15 extension cab and hated it. Would love a Marshall cab for the Superlead, but really want something that can take bass too.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72232
    @ICBM is IBS that solid state thing they did? I tried out their 15 extension cab and hated it. Would love a Marshall cab for the Superlead, but really want something that can take bass too.
    Yes, the IBS range were solid-state bass amps in the early 1980s. There were two 1x15" cabs, one with a Sidewinder speaker which was good, and one without which wasn't…

A model 1982 4x12" will take bass, although it still won't really sound like a modern bass cab. I'd bet the Mode Four cab would sound good for bass too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2082
    Any good to anyone?   Haven't advertised yet but it will be for sale...

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14409
    I know that cab. I still have the matching 7210 that *somebody* declined to take off my hands.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.