Social Media

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
edited October 2017 in Off Topic
Does anyone on here post their playing online? I put a bit of mine up on Instagram. You never know, someone might like it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2073
    edited October 2017

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Only on Facebook for my guitar-playing FB friends.

When competing with what someone had for lunch, or a cat picture, it doesn’t fare too well...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    edited October 2017
    My band posts the odd thing, but I never bother with my own playing. I've seen some nice examples on this board, but I've never got around to doing it myself. Can't hurt, speaking for myself I'm always interested in seeing others play a bit. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    If anyone wants a wider audience and posts their vids here, there is a fretboard Facebook page that could share your vids and it reaches a few thousand.. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1591
    @Bridgehouse can we post on there? I’m making a wild presumption that someone would be interested in my playing
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27345
    The fretboard monthly challenges are about to get a regular feature slot in 4:52am.

As well as the music itself, there will be a bit of write up (or promo) for the creator.

Last time I asked, 4:52am had a circulation of c50,000 ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    shaunm said:
    @Bridgehouse can we post on there? I’m making a wild presumption that someone would be interested in my playing
    @TTony, is there a mechanism for us to get a fretboard thread or member video highlighted on the Facebook page?
    As a FaceBook expert*, I have absolutely no idea, but it sounds like the sort of thing that should be possible.

Can we not just post a link to a thread?  

And if someone wants to send us a link to their YT vid, we can post that on the page.

*I'm absolutely *not* a FB expert!
    TTony said:
    As a FaceBook expert*, I have absolutely no idea, but it sounds like the sort of thing that should be possible.

Can we not just post a link to a thread?  

And if someone wants to send us a link to their YT vid, we can post that on the page.

*I'm absolutely *not* a FB expert!
    We can post a link to a thread - but I wondered if there was a way that a member could highlight a post on here that could then be linked on Facebook by the official account?
    Ahhhh - might be a facilitator task
    ;)
  • No videos, but my stuff is linked in my sig, and always has been. Mostly just ramblings and themes...
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    I had no idea that was what was behind your sig @littlegreenman.

Ever thought about posting it explicitly in the "Making Music" section?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTBZTTBZ Frets: 2873
    I used to post a bit on youtube but I can't be arsed any more. One of my videos has over 1 million hits which is funny since its actually pretty awful playing and video production wise.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    shaunm said:
    Some of you may have noticed Myself and a few others have been helping out with the previously unused Facebook page for the past week.  

We are just trying out a few ideas at the moment. Showing a few of the best bits etc.

the basic idea is tFB should have a social media presence, but the aim should be to drive traffic here by showing highlights and linking to the best of tFB.   Everything we do on there should link to an active discussion here

I wouldn't post on there, mainly because the audience is still quite small.  Post here first as this is where all the fun stuff happens.  

But feel free to like, follow, share etc...

Facebook.com/theFretBoard.forum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I put lesson video clips of me playing together along with students if that counts. I find videos of myself playing on there a bit pointless as there's no connection with the viewer who could be a potential client. They need to SEE the service in action and what they could achieve as someone else is sitting there playing material as a result of my lessons.
  • AlnicoAlnico Frets: 4616
    edited October 2017
    TTony said:
    I had no idea that was what was behind your sig @littlegreenman.

Ever thought about posting it explicitly in the "Making Music" section?

I had no idea either.

Just listened to 'Ship of the desert' and 'Just one more thing'.

Brilliant.
    I never knew that was even there.
  • WezV said:
    shaunm said:
    Some of you may have noticed Myself and a few others have been helping out with the previously unused Facebook page for the past week.  

We are just trying out a few ideas at the moment. Showing a few of the best bits etc.

the basic idea is tFB should have a social media presence, but the aim should be to drive traffic here by showing highlights and linking to the best of tFB.   Everything we do on there should link to an active discussion here

I wouldn't post on there, mainly because the audience is still quite small.  Post here first as this is where all the fun stuff happens.  

I was all for supporting the Facebook effort...but my NGD wasn't included in the NGDs post so now I'm gonna have to flounce instead ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • I've got a Soundcloud page. Link is below. I haven't update it in tiiiiime though.
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16546
    WezV said:
    shaunm said:

I was all for supporting the Facebook effort...but my NGD wasn't included in the NGDs post so now I'm gonna have to flounce instead ;) 
    Sorry... that will be my fault.  I might have to rephrase it do "some of our NGD's" so I have room to forget the occasional one.

its one idea for a regular post if people like it
    WezV said:
    shaunm said:

Yours gets included when you break down and buy a strat...