Helix..........or board?

moogie72moogie72 Frets: 77
hi

i know there are a few threads knocking about on the subject, but need a little help

i have a small stereo rig with 2 tubmiester 18s and use the red box sim out of the back as my signal to the desk, 

before that o have in this order, 
Cae wah
strymon ob1
stry sunset 
big muff
sub n up
mobius
timeline 
big sky
then some loopers 

I recently sold a fair bit of the chain I wasn't using. 

And im finding the mobius a bit annoying and time consuming , and seem to only use a couple of presets I have set up on both timeline and big sky

so I'm wondering on a helix, and ditch the amps for starters to help fund, and use the modelling instead

yep ive listened to lots of demos, I have like most tried lots of multi effects and seemed to never get on.

i had a gt6 back in the day and loved it , when it seemed ahead of its time. 

I never been into line 6 gear, always seemed a bit too 'metal' orientated for me. 
but enjoyed messing about with a couple of the little M stomp boxes for a while

im not massive on programming , but I spose I even get annoyed with the Strymon stuff losing myself in meues and forgetting where stuff is .

so I'd kind of thinking about even  downsizing them into el cap, and blue sky , and a dual delay etc

and when I read the helix effect list , other than the klon clone appearing and some other bits in the last update some of the stuff is uninspiring , i.e......I would never go for a tubescreamer or a fuzz face if I was buying an individual pedal. 

I know now I can say keep the sunset and muff and add in the loop, 

im not Gigging with any of this it home use.

so any pointers or info would help, 

for a start the amp moddling looks looks to be something I need etc for starters 

ta

moogie

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom