New ThorpyFx Pedal. The Veteran Silicon

What's Hot

Comments

• timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    any chance you're planning on creating a sort of cadet version of the germanium @ThorpyFX ;? ie without boost, just a simple germanium fuzz/drive thats as useable for low gain/boost through to more...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    timbuk02 said:
    any chance you're planning on creating a sort of cadet version of the germanium @ThorpyFX ;? ie without boost, just a simple germanium fuzz/drive thats as useable for low gain/boost through to more...
    Seconded. 
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6129
    tFB Trader
    antifash said:
    timbuk02 said:
    Seconded. 
    Never say never..... but not soon. 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1820
    The magic is in that boost though ;)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
    tFB Trader
    Here’s a clip I recorded today on my phone....... it’s on Facebook so apologies to those that don’t use it.

https://www.facebook.com/thorpyfx/posts/2007127452878351
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • antifashantifash Frets: 603
    @ThorpyFX Nice. Pedal Show review coming soon then?
    tFB Trader
    So a massive thanks to "Harry and a Guitar" here we have a really complete demo of the veteran Silicon with some great playing to boot! Humbuckers, single coils, a marshall amp and a fender amp too, really happy with this. Its a long demo, but there are timing chapters included if you watch it on youtube.

Enjoy!!

• ThorpyFX said:
    So a massive thanks to "Harry and a Guitar" here we have a really complete demo of the veteran Silicon with some great playing to boot! Humbuckers, single coils, a marshall amp and a fender amp too, really happy with this. Its a long demo, but there are timing chapters included if you watch it on youtube.

Enjoy!!

I think that sounds terrific!! Excellent demo, worth watching all the way through
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    edited January 2018
    tFB Trader
    tone1 said:
    The Eagle has landed.....

https://imgur.com/gallery/xSJpl
    I was going to t lol you that you were VERY quick off the draw. But I thought I’d leave it as a surprise. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @ThorpyFX  it did make me smile opening it up! 
    I am a bit of a FanBoy :)
    Not Really had chance to fire it up in anger yet...but the LED’s are gorgeous... :)
  • TateFXTateFX Frets: 114
    tFB Trader
    Sounded amazing when I got to give it a go at the weekend ! 
    Formerly Stu_Tate
    Tate FX
    www.TateFX.co.uk
    Instagram 
  • ThorpyFX said:

To celebrate our recent team up with the gear heaven that is Reverb, we are launching a special edition ThorpyFx Veteran (Silicon) edition. Very much in the mould of the Germanium pedal, the silicon pedal has been crafted to be as versatile as possible. You can get fuzz sounds that are aggressive and gnarly but within the same pedal it can give a nice overdrive too. The Fuzz coupled with an awesome "may" style silicon treble booster gives you even more opportunities for tonal mayhem. 

Hmmm... Yeah - I'm not so keen on those.

Do you have any with Corbyn style silicon treble boosters?

:#  ;)
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    ThorpyFX said:

To celebrate our recent team up with the gear heaven that is Reverb, we are launching a special edition ThorpyFx Veteran (Silicon) edition. Very much in the mould of the Germanium pedal, the silicon pedal has been crafted to be as versatile as possible. You can get fuzz sounds that are aggressive and gnarly but within the same pedal it can give a nice overdrive too. The Fuzz coupled with an awesome "may" style silicon treble booster gives you even more opportunities for tonal mayhem. 

Hmmm... Yeah - I'm not so keen on those.

Do you have any with Corbyn style silicon treble boosters?

:#  ;)
    hahahaha  

• pickergpickerg Frets: 30

Great demo from Harry, is there any difference between the fuzz on the Veteran and the Fallout Cloud?  Love the tones on the Gilmourish Youtube demos but thinking the added versatility of the booster too might be good.

@pickerg ;
    I’ve spent a couple of hours today with the Silicon Veteran and it’s way more versatile than the Fallout Cloud...I don’t play at Gig volume but the SI Veteran does everything and sounds massive.. I can honestly say it might be my only Drive pedal staying on my board..And I’ve got a Germanium Veteran, Muffroom Cloud and Peacekeeper...I don’t want to rave too much about it in the Honeymoon period but it’s very much my kind of Pedal... :)
    tFB Trader
    pickerg said:

Great demo from Harry, is there any difference between the fuzz on the Veteran and the Fallout Cloud?  Love the tones on the Gilmourish Youtube demos but thinking the added versatility of the booster too might be good.

the nature of the fuzz is different. The Fallout is more saturated than the veteran silicon and has the ability to get much doomier.
  • @tone1 what's the boost side like used on it's own into a crunchy amp? I love the sound of my Les Paul into a treble booster into a crunchy amp. This veteran could be ideal for me!
    edited October 2017
    @mark_jwedge ;;
    I spent lots of time today just with the boost on with exactly that (crunchy amp) sounded so good that I almost forgot I didn’t have the main attraction (Fuzz side) switched on. I’m only on Single coils though, so perhaps a Humbucker user could chip in! Perhaps Adrian could advise on whether it’s the same boost circuit as the Germanium Veteran....
    :) 
  • pickergpickerg Frets: 30
    Thanks for the info @tone1 and @ThorpyFX. What sort of stuff have you been playing through it tone?