RIP George Young

What's Hot
Legendary Easybeats, Flash and the Pan songwriter, guitarist and AD/DC producing brother of Angus and Malcolm has passed away at 70. 

With Harry Vanda he co-wrote the world wide hits Friday on my Mind and Love is in the Air as well as co producing AC/DC up until Highway to Hell.

His meeting with Vanda at Villawood migrant hostel was voted the most important meeting in the history of modern Australian music.
"A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3124
    edited October 2017
    Well said @mudslide73 ;;;;

This is a great watch: 
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlx5W0fCJWY
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3419
    edited October 2017
    If you listen to the Marcus Hook roll band album, it's basically proto-AC/DC in lots of places and sonically very similar. I'm sure George did the bass on the first few DC albums because it sounds identical to his earlier stuff.

He was one of those genius-in-the-background kinda guys, and a superb producer with Harry. They were the producers I'd have hired in my post-lottery dream world.
  • peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Love that film - thanks for posting

Amazing to see just how good Bon was
  • Legendary Easybeats, Flash and the Pan songwriter, guitarist and AD/DC producing brother of Angus and Malcolm has passed away at 70. 

With Harry Vanda he co-wrote the world wide hits Friday on my Mind and Love is in the Air as well as co producing AC/DC up until Highway to Hell.

His meeting with Vanda at Villawood migrant hostel was voted the most important meeting in the history of modern Australian music.
    The Vanda/Young partnership were reunited for 'Blow Up Your Video'.  It's not exactly the most highly regarded of their albums, but for my money, I don't think Angus's SG has ever sounded better.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• George also did Stiff Upper Lip, which IMO was their best sounding album since BiB, even if the songs weren't really there.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3049
    I don't mind either of those albums - that BBC Doc is particularly brilliant also. RIP George.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader
    George also did Stiff Upper Lip, which IMO was their best sounding album since BiB, even if the songs weren't really there.

Great sounding album. Songs aren't outstanding, but just good old bounce along stuff. It's one that I come back to over and over.