TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
Well, this should be fun

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9514
    Bloody hell mate - the full set !!!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeetonetalTeetonetal Frets: 7801
    Buy 2 get 1 free... compared to buying local...
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7763
    *applauds*
  • Bloody hell. You don't mess around. 
     GavRichList said:
    *stars thread*
    Will be a few days till I can try them. But I'm really excited by these... high hopes.
  • Wow! 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  •  GavRichList said:
    *stars thread*
    Will be a few days till I can try them. But I'm really excited by these... high hopes.
    I look forward to hearing your take on them - I feel a tiny bit responsible! 
    No point buying new pedals and not using them. Seriously, these are stunning, if a little tricky to dial in.
    Polymoon on the picking, merit doing autoswell for the violin sounds 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh, very good :)

Oh, very good :)
    Merci!

Need to get a grip on the secondary functions - not normally a fan, but everything on these pedals reacts so well. Seriously impressed. I wonder what chance of them bringing out an editor... really would be useful, though no USB in makes that a pain I guess.
    Right, anyone into fun fx, ambient delays etc needs a polymoon. 
    If you haven't seen the meris video, here it is. Beautiful stereo sounds, lovely pads, wiered shit and morphing exp.

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751

It sounds lovely, but I'm going to have to make do with the 6 delays I have until large amounts of money appear.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
  • domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    edited October 2017
    Great demo. Looks like a useful studio tool as well as a guitarists tweaking delight. Does it sound quite digital in use? Seems to be quite natural sounding in the demo.
    edited October 2017
    been having huge amounts of fun adding polymoon in stereo to my helix. I'm in love. This is my pedal purchase of the year.

@domforr tricky to answer that. It has a low/high pass filter, so you can make the repeats dark or very bright, it's much more effective than the flight time in that respect. But really, this pedal is all about the cascading delays and early/late modulation. it's really beautiful in stereo. The above example is a much less modulated delay, just using the stereo taps and filter to create the ambiance.

Seriously, this one is awesome. Blown away by it.
    So, here's a little track with the Mercury 7. It hasn't exported very well. But, man the reverb sounds good. Honestly it's been a long time since I've bought pedals that have excited me as much as these two from Meris. Gotta wrap my head around the Ottobit, but Polymoon and Mercury 7 are just stunning.

• This pleases me greatly. The ottobit will do it for you too, once you start diving into the glitches. The filter is lovely too. 
    edited November 2017
    Till someone else comes along who can do it better... I'm going to keep banging the merit drum. Too awesome.

All 3 providing the pad - polymoon and a little mercury 7 doing the slide. All via helix.

• That loop sounds furr kin great. I am envious of your triple threat, and cannot wait to have a play with it. (Though have a very real fear of attachment)
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4525
    edited November 2017
    Sounds delightful. Get a eBow in there Ted.