PRS Guitars Owners UK (Unofficial) Facebook Group

What's Hot
markie1230markie1230 Frets: 7
edited February 2014 in Guitar
Hi all,

Recently i've set a FB group for owners/fans of PRS guitars and amps, mainly based in the UK.
It is a forum type group where all things PRS can be discussed, or photos and details member's own guitars can be shared.
You can also post ads for PRS amps & guitars that are For Sale or Wanted - ONLY PRS amps and guitars though! - targeting 
people that are specifically into PRS. As i said, it was only set up very recently but numbers are growing and i think it's a nice friendly forum to be a part of!

Thought i'd mention it on here in case any members of The Fretboard might like to join.

Cheers

Mark
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• StefBStefB Frets: 2354

Sounds good Mark - I've requested to join just now...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    And what's wrong with using this forum???
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2750
    TTony said:
    I agree - we should have a section dedicated to PRS guitars :) ;-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TTony said:
    This!

Everyone loves PRS guitars, even those who say they're 'soulless' have a bit of a soft spot, probably... ;)
  • But seriously, good luck with the group :) I don't do facebook really though.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17604
    tFB Trader
    TTony said:
    This!

Everyone loves PRS guitars, even those who say they're 'soulless' have a bit of a soft spot, probably... ;)
    People who claim guitars are either souless or posses mojo baffle me. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • Sent my joining request in. :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • AlanPAlanP Frets: 54
    Yup. A PRS owner here (Stripped 58). I dont do Facebook either... Quite happy to hang here, as it happens...
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27455
    John_P said:
    TTony said:
    I agree - we should have a section dedicated to PRS guitars :) ;-)
    I don't see why we couldn't have a PRS Owners thread ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234

TTony said:
    The League of Dental Men? :)

20reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    ^ :))
  • JookyChap said:

TTony said:
    The League of Dental Men? :)
    Your finest moment?  

Well, until the fretboard one giveaway...
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    You see i dont get the animosity (spelling not my strong point) against prs, yes their guitars are expensive but put them against fender or gibson custom shop and the prices are comparable. I dont like the look of a lot of prs guitars but ive loved the playability of all ive played
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    edited February 2014
    I get the anti PRS thing, as much as I get the anti Gibson thing regarding QC. I personally put off playing a PRS for ten years, because I thought they were just nice looking and guitars for lawyers. Anyway fast forward to last year, i bought an american special strat for quitting smoking and i was playing that guitar and my Gibson SG a lot. I went to use a trem arm on my SG......except it has no trem arm. Now the Gibson trem system on the custom has never looked that great to me.

So i wanted a guitar with a fat neck and a decent trem that could do a decent coil split sound......so out of curiosity I tried out a rather plain jane custom 24. It really helped that it wasn't aesthetically pleasing to me. Anyway the guitar sounded great through a crappy H&K amp, the guitar just felt right for me. So then I had to get one,  I'd also been watching a lot of PRS videos and I really like how Paul presents himself. He obviously knows his shit, and i've seen him defending the SE range (granted one of his cash cows) but still in his own words he wanted guitars that sounded good and played well for beginners. Nothing is more demotivating when you sound like crap imho.
    Anyway I px'd my strat against my DGT and I couldn't be happier with that guitar. I would hesitate to buy a brand new PRS, because the prices seem to have ramped up in the last year or so (but I'm trying not to buy brand new guitars these days). But for a second hand purchase I think PRS's are a steal (obviously depending on price!)

I saw a SC245 with a ten top (again that's debatable, some non 10 tops look great) with birds for sale on Ebay for £950. That to me was a steal.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • ForgeForge Frets: 431

The SE range is great and to most USA PRS players they are just as good as full blown PRS guitars.

I don't tend to stick people or guitars in categories...e.g. poor quality for Gibson, thin sounding for PRS, sterile Ibanez and so on. It just does not work like this. But to be honest there was no hostility in the above posts, Jooky's comment was hilarious and a lot of people around this forum have had their grubby mitts on a PRS without having to go to Eaton.

You can get a USA Limited Mira Korina for 800 quid (I am selling mine...do you know a dentist who would...geez, sorry!), a Singlecut or Mccarty for around a grand which is pretty much on par with Les Pauls. Most of the bad press comes from the dipped in glass expensive appearance and the fact they sound different. They are not Gibsons or Fenders, Paul is doing his thing and he is a very nice and approachable guy (although he can look quite intimidating).

One thing I have to say is that they generally play great, I am selling my Mira but the SC245 is going nowhere!

• Hi, just for the record i think forum is great and covers pretty much everything! I only thought i'd mention the FB thing on here thinking that a few of The Fretboard forum members who happen to use facebook as well, might be interested in joining. The are also many people who use FB that may not know about The Fretboard either! I only found out a few weeks ago when it was mentioned on a FB selling page. For those of you on here that are also on FB, you are welcome to join!

• woodywoody Frets: 74
    grungebob said:
    You see i dont get the animosity (spelling not my strong point) against prs, yes their guitars are expensive but put them against fender or gibson custom shop and the prices are comparable. I dont like the look of a lot of prs guitars but ive loved the playability of all ive played

hmm Gibson custom shop? I have an r8vos..pretty bloody shoddy build..thats where prs come in I reckon..
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    @forge oh yeah I didn't take the comment by jooky the wrong way. Made me chuckle. I can't see myself buying another expensive guitar. Because when I pick up the DGT, I can't stop playing it. That's a huge sign for me :-D You are bang on though a prs definitely has its own sound. And I don't hate Gibson or fender, I just don't like playing roulette with buying a brand new guitar. Especially when you are spending that much money. But yes I don't like losing money so I try and go second hand these days :-)
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2356
    grungebob said:
    I have nothing against them, in fact in annoys me when people call them lawyers'/dentists'/accountants'/whatevers' guitars (often by people who own similarly expensive custom shop Gibsons), but Jooky's joke up there was a masterpiece if you ask me. I'm still laughing at it. :))