Another Jooky Jazzmaster project

What's Hot
As those diamond guys at UPS have squished the last two Jazzmasters I've made, I thought I'd have another go and see if this one will stay in one piece.

The body is a single piece Swamp Ash jobby I got from @Impmann in a motorway services, while the neck is a Warmoth Strat one that came from @RedRightHand recently too.

As for the finish I wanted a blue JM, but am a bit bored of nitro, so have gone for a cratered/opalescent 'Mother of Jooky' finish which works well. I loved the grain so I skipped the filling and it has sunken into it nicely, which I like big-stylee.

For a change I've gone for a matching headstock, though kept it Jookified by using two different effects and the metal etched logo badge thing.

Other than that it will have Sperzel Trim-Loks, an AVRI tremolo and a Staytrem bridge, but I can't quite decide on the pickups. I put Mojo Gold Foils on the last sacrifice at the alter of the courier-head, but can't decide whether to do the same or maybe go for normal JM ones or even Mosrite flavoured.

Anyway, I had a plonk together so thought I would share :)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-ODrW8St4kbM/UxC3aH6ULEI/AAAAAAAAHAc/K-M-4I3_WJE/s1600/IMG_5427.JPG
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-bHwbhZL17gs/UxC3XjlxkVI/AAAAAAAAHAU/IH8P0Xgz3rE/s1600/IMG_5426.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Q30t8oD31MM/UxC3d8TByzI/AAAAAAAAHAk/m94Tgs6VW9A/s1600/IMG_5428.JPG

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GassageGassage Frets: 30891
    OoooOOOoooO I likey this one.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    is that hammerite?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    :) No, but it looks like it in the foto, must admit...

Fourteen layers of pearly paint, and it looks like hammerite. Sheesh. I know what that geezer who did the Cistern chapel toilet roof felt like now, when people came in, sniffed the air and asked him if it were Artex..

I ask yer.. ;)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Loving the colour combinations Mark.

I would go with the JM pickups personally.

If you dont,  I can find a home for them white pup covers :-P
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    You can have the covers - but they have faded somewhat - they are the ones I was thinking of t'other day, but they look creamy now. Or dirty anyway ;)

• Dont worry bud a nice fella called Steve came to my rescue for the princely sum of £3 :-D

I just hope the mij pup covers fit over mojo pickups

If you have a white mij guard I would love some of that action :-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Yeah, the Mojos should fit in MIJ covers. I haven't got an MIJ 'plate I'm afraid, but I'm going to do an Allparts order next week and they do them for £11 for white ones if you want me to get you one?

• Awesome sir, if its triple ply and brightest white that would be grand  :-D

Tis indeed This One

• that looks brilliant.

Cant believe it is double the price over here
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Cool!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.