Delayed gear revelations

What's Hot
BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
I have owned a Big Sky for a long time. Glorious pedal. Complex, powerful, and I discovered something last night. The cab sim function.

Very glad I didn't go ahead with the silent practice/headphone amp or modeller option, because it turns out I can plug headphones into the mono input of the Big Sky and, with a compressor and my main drive pedal set at high volume/low gain, I can practice using headphones with a perfectly acceptable (for headphones) tone quality without having to fork out for another amp or modeller. 

With all the £ I've already spent, this is a welcome revelation. 

Has anyone had a similar "DOH!" experience with their rig? Owning something for ages and then realised it had a capability/function/sound you'd been looking for for ages but didn't know about because you didn't explore enough?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Who knows I rarely read the manual
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I had a similar revelation when I discovered that chorus pedals sound so much better when you don't switch them on.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Sassafras said:
    I had a similar revelation when I discovered that chorus pedals sound so much better when you don't switch them on.
    Oh so wise...
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    edited October 2017
    If you have a chorus pedal with stereo outs in a certain configuration, you can use the 2nd output only (or apply a dummy jack) and you have yourself a vibrato pedal. 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw