Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Great ebay workaround

What's Hot

Comments

• prowlaprowla Frets: 4916
    Rebar said:
    I'm impressed that someone hasn't chimed in by now to defend Ebay for offering such a 'wonderful' service
    I think ebay offer a wonderful service.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3620
    Rebar said:
    I'm impressed that someone hasn't chimed in by now to defend Ebay for offering such a 'wonderful' service
    Don't like it, don't use it, simple.

Why keep moaning about it as it is?

Fact is people want to use it and bend it to their ideal then get upset if they get caught out.

Stick with Reverb or forums as mentioned earlier - but then of course they don't have the huge coverage of ebay do they?  ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6790
    I don’t see what he’s doing. The thumbnail on the far right is a black case on a desk... is that where he lives?!?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkb said:
    I don’t see what he’s doing. The thumbnail on the far right is a black case on a desk... is that where he lives?!?
    me 2
  • gavin_axecastergavin_axecaster Frets: 526
    tFB Trader
    He's removed the picture, which was of a whiteboard with his phone number on it.
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    edited October 2017
    If I want to get my Telephone number on Ebay I do it like this on my listings and in messages and so far I have not had ebay jump on it and This method does not get detected by Ebay's new system

I Simply write the telephone number like this  and say ...   

To reach out to me use .....Oh Seven Eight Oh Six four One Oh two One four

I just sold a Dual Rec on Ebay and displayed my Telephone number using this method and the buyer phoned me and paid me Paypal gift without even seeing or trying out the Amp So I cancelled the listing and then it took the buyer 3 weeks to pick up the Amp !
    The buyer was Happy and so was I. 
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GrahamGGrahamG Frets: 87
    I thought the seller was allowed to provide contact details for "viewing",i bought a bike off ebay after messaging the seller for their contact number,to view it,but the prospective buyer can't give the seller a contact number??
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7333
    far right is case on a table shot - -right?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    far right is case on a table shot - -right?
    Read the thread dude! See gavin_axecasters post four up from here.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • kipplekipple Frets: 354
    kipple said:
    If I want to get my Telephone number on Ebay I do it like this on my listings and in messages and so far I have not had ebay jump on it and This method does not get detected by Ebay's new system

I Simply write the telephone number like this  and say ...   

To reach out to me use .....Oh Seven Eight Oh Six four One Oh two One four

I just sold a Dual Rec on Ebay and displayed my Telephone number using this method and the buyer phoned me and paid me Paypal gift without even seeing or trying out the Amp So I cancelled the listing and then it took the buyer 3 weeks to pick up the Amp !
    The buyer was Happy and so was I. 
    I take it back... Ebay just caught me and busted me for using this method they have now locked my acount what a bunch of fucking Maggots
    I put peoples heads in horse's beds

7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14422
    Bottom line. eBay is a service. It has overheads. These have to be paid for somehow. Their chosen source happens to be seller fees. They are entirely within their rights to say, "accept our T&Cs or sod off." Nowadays, for the most part, I choose the second option.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Just add in description that it for sale elsewhere "g#mtree" and then they will be able to contact you hassle free!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • CollingsCollings Frets: 411
    Just add in description that it for sale elsewhere "g#mtree" and then they will be able to contact you hassle free!
    Ive done this a number of times in messages to potential buyers without a problem. In some instances ive not even said g tree  but just its advertised on a popular classified site and they,ve found it.
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537

All their efforts to tighten these things up yet they allowed a "winning" bid on an iPhone I recently listed from someone not even registered with them! Who promptly didn't pay.

• spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    "Also for sale on Fee Free sites" seems to do the trick......I reckon Ebay will eventually be forced to revert to an initial Ad fee, 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    I think it's probably more profitable for them to get the percentage of fees they do get via offering fees only when you sell, vs the business and profit they'd lose by bringing back initial fees.
  • OK. So after 12 years on ebay I just got a seven day ban for sending my mobile to someone, to have a chat about a guitar.

Spelt the numbers out, using spelling mistakes - and got caught.

The laugh is, I bought the guitar and then received the ban about two hours later!!

I've paid for the item directly and just out of badness I'll cancel the auction.
    eBay won't get the fees!

Power to the people.. Lol
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12306
    I've just received a 7 day ban too, oddly enough though I can still contact the interested party via eBay messages if it isn't through the ad.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • Jack_Jack_ Frets: 3175
    edited November 2017
    Wow, they're giving them out like hot cakes.

We're going to need a priest so we can all go to the confessional and tell of our eBay sins.
  • After a 7 day ban the next thing they do is give you a permanent suspension - if you want to keep your ebay account/years of good feedback do tread carefully and dont put anything else in messages because they will suspend you