Can anybody identify these locking tuners for me?

What's Hot
mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
edited March 2014 in Guitar
Ive just purchased a F**der strat with a set of EMG SA pickups and a set on these decent locking and string cutting tuner for £95, cant believe thats what the guy wanted, even though its seen better days!

I cant say i've ever seen the logo before, anybody know what they are?

Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ForgeForge Frets: 431
    Planet Wave locking tuners
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mrn1989mrn1989 Frets: 240
    Nice one @Forge

They are really good
    Fretboard Feedback https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58705/  ALSO Over 500+ 100% feedback eBay transactions 
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1083
    Seems a bargain although that wonky B tuner would affect my OCD! :D

Yea I know lol, might fill the hole and straighten it up.

The pickups are worth more than £95

Heres the full shot, pretty sure it was an Indonesian Squier but feels well worn in :)

• ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    wibble said:

mrn1989 said:

The splinters missing around the holes on the front are quite impressive too. A friend of mine has a '64 Strat that was done to, only worse.

People who don't have a clue how to do a job properly should stay away from tools and guitars in any combination...

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

ICBM said:
    wibble said:

mrn1989 said:

The splinters missing around the holes on the front are quite impressive too. A friend of mine has a '64 Strat that was done to, only worse.

People who don't have a clue how to do a job properly should stay away from tools and guitars in any combination...
    Well im not suprised, I dont think he new much as his price was totally off even as a parts guitar

mrn1989 said:
    Well im not suprised, I dont think he new much as his price was totally off even as a parts guitar
    Although those are usually the ones who want more than the value of an unmodified guitar plus the parts, because it's been "upgraded"…

What's the body like? The neck is basically worthless now, although it can certainly be made playable if you don't mind the "distressed" look :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

• WezVWezV Frets: 16547
    edited March 2014
    I like these tuners.  A little on the heavy side but really nicely made

you do have too many wraps on the post.   before you re-string align all the tuners so the chrome ball on the post points towards the nut.

put the string through the hole, pull it tight and then tighten the clamp on the back.   then tune as normal, you will feel a little extra resistance and the point the string cutter engages

ICBM said:
    mrn1989 said:
    Although those are usually the ones who want more than the value of an unmodified guitar plus the parts, because it's been "upgraded"…

What's the body like? The neck is basically worthless now, although it can certainly be made playable if you don't mind the "distressed" look :).
    All I was looking for in the first place was a guitar to put some Lace California buckers and add a Fender trem I already had so Im happy with it. The neck is nice and smooth no sharp fret edges as per so many of the cheap Squiers. The body has a few dings n chips, which saves me the worry of giving it its 1st knock ;)  its of a comparable weight to my roadworn. 

For £95 and after a decent setup, im well appy!
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6084
    ICBM said:
    wibble said:

mrn1989 said:

Isn't that what they called 'Hand Finished' nowadays
    ;)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    WezV said:
    I like these tuners.  A little on the heavy side but really nicely made

you do have too many wraps on the post.   before you re-string align all the tuners so the chrome ball on the post points towards the nut.

put the string through the hole, pull it tight and then tighten the clamp on the back.   then tune as normal, you will feel a little extra resistance and the point the string cutter engages
    Yea never come across them before, there only £35 a set?? Might buy some for my other project tele.

Im used to doing a couple of laps round the post lol
    equalsql said:
    ICBM said:
    wibble said:

mrn1989 said:

Isn't that what they called 'Hand Finished' nowadays
    ;)
    Done by eye, by a blind man...
    Internally, its been upgrade with Alpha pots, a USA 5 way and I added a Sprague Orange Drop cap this morning to fix the horrific trebly sound that it had with the naf one that was in there
    mrn1989 said:
    Internally, its been upgrade with Alpha pots, a USA 5 way and I added a Sprague Orange Drop cap this morning to fix the horrific trebly sound that it had with the naf one that was in there
    The cap makes no difference to the tone though… unless you change the value, and even that makes almost no difference when the knob is up full.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Orange drops do look cool though and even though you're the only one that knows it's there sometimes that's all that matters. ;)
    Adam_MD said:
    Orange drops do look cool though and even though you're the only one that knows it's there sometimes that's all that matters. ;)
    That's very true, and I sometimes use salvaged vintage caps in guitars as well, purely for the 'mojo' - even though I've done enough testing to be certain that there is no tone difference.

Interestingly Fender started using cheap ceramic disk caps as early as the 1960s, and you don't hear people complaining those guitars sound bad…

:)

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    I've had a few sets of humbuckers wound for me now and asked for zebra bobbins with each of them purely because they look cool. Then I've asked for a nickel cover, but you never know I might decide to take the covers off one day... even though I know I won't. It's just because I want to know there's zebra bobbins under there as they sound better \m/
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom