Has anybody been to TAMCO in Brighton?

Wonder if anybody has been in "The Acoustic Music Company" in Brighton to demo some of the nice high end acoustics there? 

Would love to hear about your experiences and which guitars impressed you most?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Yeah, I have and it was a really interesting experience but it was a few years ago so and the stock/maker list has changed quite a bit in that time. 

All the guitars in there are built to a phenomenal standard but some of them spoke to me more than others.  I found the majority of stock will better suit the 'modern' guitar aficionado more than the 'traditional' one. 
  • Yeah, I have and it was a really interesting experience but it was a few years ago so and the stock/maker list has changed quite a bit in that time. 

All the guitars in there are built to a phenomenal standard but some of them spoke to me more than others.  I found the majority of stock will better suit the 'modern' guitar aficionado more than the 'traditional' one. 
    Interesting. You recall which builders stood out to you?
  • Amazing stock. Well worth a visit.... but be prepared to want a mandolin too (they have some amazing mandos)
  • buckfast said:
    Yeah, I have and it was a really interesting experience but it was a few years ago so and the stock/maker list has changed quite a bit in that time. 

Interesting. You recall which builders stood out to you?
    Beneteau, Brondel, Chasson.  

I played some absolute stinkers in there as well, guitar makers who get a lot of hype in the USA forums but I genuinely cannot remember what their names are!  
  • Jez6345789Jez6345789 Frets: 1783
    I went just the once and actually got a very good education on the high-end acoustic market.
    I was not so much a ludite but not really familiar beyond high-end Martin and the mainstream stuff. 
    He had an amazing Bashkin 00 which just played itself sounded sublime and he wanted to out it quickly as he had fallen out with the maker as he had decided to switch allegiance to the North American Guitar place. Ultimately I was a fool not to rip their arm of for it but it was beyond my ability to do it justice but it was a lovely thing. As were plenty of others but that one stood out. 

Go see and enjoy nice helpful people