RDA DUALIST Demo rig

RDARDA Frets: 2
edited October 2017 in Amps
Having just lugged a load of gear to another guitar show, I was considering putting together a demo rig just for that purpose. I am planning to load an open backed 4x12 cab with four different generic speaker types which you can switch between 'live'.
I am interested to know your thoughts on which four 12" speakers would folks like to try a DUALIST amp through?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ChesterChester Frets: 52
    As a lot of us use Marshall cabs with G12 75's or V30's, I would start there. Sounds like a really interesting idea mate
  • hotpickupshotpickups Frets: 1819
    I never knew you were a member on here @RDA :) Love your work :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3137
    edited October 2017 tFB Trader
    RDA said:
    Having just lugged a load of gear to another guitar show, I was considering putting together a demo rig just for that purpose. I am planning to load an open backed 4x12 cab with four different generic speaker types which you can switch between 'live'.
    I am interested to know your thoughts on which four 12" speakers would folks like to try a DUALIST amp through?
    I have a similar rig setup (four identical open back 1x12"s), each loaded with a different speaker. Customers can plug their amp in and switch between all four until they find the one that they like the sound of most. I don't tell them what speakers are loaded, they test blind! It makes for an interesting experiment when preconceptions are omitted.

"I could have sworn that was a Ceramic!" - is the most common exclamation
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• RiftAmps said:

I have a similar rig setup (four identical open back 1x12"s), each loaded with a different speaker. Customers can plug their amp in and switch between all four until they find the one that they like the sound of most. I don't tell them what speakers are loaded, they test blind! It makes for an interesting experiment when preconceptions are omitted.

That is a great idea for customer and builder.  Tick V G.
    No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 615
    RDA sai3d:
    Great idea Rob...one that I would like to try is the EV..it would be a good idea iff you could mix and match..so you could try them in different combinations ...so maybe 2 on at a time or 3 ECT...or is that what you mean :)
  • RDARDA Frets: 2
    edited November 2017
    Bo has EV12Ls (?) In his DUALIST rig I believe. Rather heavy tho I seem to recall. Quite a few people ask about weight of cabs. Too many bad backs now I guess.
    I have some Jensen Stealth NEOs too. They have just started doing them with a nice retro bell cover. 
  • RDA said:
    Bo has EV12Ls (?) In his DUALIST rig I believe. Rather heavy tho I seem to recall. Quite a few people ask about weight of cabs. Too many bad back now I guess.
    I have some Jensen Stealth NEOs too. They have just started doing them with a nice retro bell cover. 
    Yeah. He loves those speakers but put me off as a choice for mine due to the weight. 
  • RDARDA Frets: 2
    Do you mic up your amps?
  • RDA said:
    Do you mic up your amps?
    Not had to to date personally