Advice on Morgan AC20 deluxe amps

JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
Having missed out on a 1964 AC10 Twin ... 5 mins
After a three hour drive...my fault for not phoning first!! Can anyone recommend a vox inspired amp which would suit home as well as small gigs?
Had another Morgan and ideas good but other choices? Would like a head and cab too
Thanks Jon 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3305
    Divided by 13 JRT 9/15 - the 15 watt side is loud and that's got EL84s and is Vox-inspired.

It's fine at home on the 15 watt setting but you can switch down to the 9 watts but that will be 6V6s instead.

I've got the head and it has a fan and various Ohm speaker outputs. I use it with a 2x12 cab.

Once again, don't be put off by the power rating. This is one loud amp when it wants to be and it has enough clean headroom.

• BeexterBeexter Frets: 598
    I visited Peach Guitars today (what a place!!!) and they had an AC20 Deluxe in. I didn't play it BUT, the sales guy helping me said they will not be continuing to stock them due to "distribution issues". I've read quite a few similar comments around the web and whilst the quality of the amps seems universally praised, other parts of the operation would give me reason to spend my money with another manufacturer.

My reason for going to Peach was to try some Dr Z amps, namely a Maz 18 & Monza but also tried a Z-Lux. Of the 3, the Maz had the most Vox-type vibe but there could well be others in the Z lineup that would suit and most of them come in both head and combo format.
  • JonHoskerJonHosker Frets: 392
    Thanks for the suggestions 
    Jon