Amp stands

What's Hot
mark_jwedgemark_jwedge Frets: 318
Does anyone have a recomendation for a good amp stand? Ideally something that folds away and is sturdy enough for my corford roadhouse 50 2x12 combo

Thanks!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stratman3142stratman3142 Frets: 2196
    edited October 2017
    I like the Stagg Foldable Amp/Monitor Floor Stand. It's inexpensive, folds flat, tilts the amp back at a nice angle on the floor and is pretty light and sturdy. 
    It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    A folding step/stool. They fold flat, weigh very little, are rated for at least 100kg usually, and cost about a tenner.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
  • Beer crates are the best, even though they don't fold.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    Beer crates, chairs, flight cases or not turning up to the gig in the first place are all preferable to using an amp stand in my book.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • @simonk things can fall off chairs as chairs usually don't have level seats. I like beer crates, flight cases are fine. I don't mind amp stands, but I'm intrigued about what you have against them.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • gubblegubble Frets: 1746

I thought about a stand and in the end just bought a case from Swan Flightcases. Keeps the amp nice and safe whilst travelling plus makes a perfect amp stand.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    @simonk things can fall off chairs as chairs usually don't have level seats. I like beer crates, flight cases are fine. I don't mind amp stands, but I'm intrigued about what you have against them.
    Any chair designed for an adult will take the weight of any amp comfortably, or it would collapse when someone really big sat on it. The seat may not be level, but then the amp will lean against the back of the chair.

Amp stands are very not rock 'n' roll…

gubble said:
    I thought about a stand and in the end just bought a case from Swan Flightcases. Keeps the amp nice and safe whilst travelling plus makes a perfect amp stand.
    Best solution overall.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    I wish more amps had tilt-back legs like fenders.
  • RogerRoger Frets: 20
    What are you trying to achieve? better monitoring or not deafening the front row? Depending on your setup the PA is your friend, send it to a monitor for your benefit or send it to the tops for the crowds benefit or both! Personally I think amp stands look hideous on stage and would opt for a beer crate or other means but that's just me!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom