Free Ticket Tonight: Albert Lee tonight at Cadogan Hall?

SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
I've a last minute drop out for Albert Lee tonight in that there London town.

Anybody want it for a beer/pie (free is what im saying).

Problem is it's at 7pm and it's now 6:20.

Message me if you want it.
- Bob
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• crunchmancrunchman Frets: 11446
    Wish I'd seen this earlier!
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698
    Wish I could have posted it earlier! Gave it back to the box office and didn't get taken ... shame.

Albert can really play...
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 611
    Yeh, Albert is top class...even Mr Clapton concedes Albert is the man...........

Plus a true gent too & not stuck up his own ass like some of them top boys...

I'd love to see Albert play...one day perhaps

Sad it was too late to lose the ticket. Could have been a great night for someone

Cheers
    Baz

• vizviz Frets: 10681
    Yep he's really friendly and great to watch live.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • GuitarMonkeyGuitarMonkey Frets: 1883
    Albert Lee is certainly very talented. I've seen him play a couple of times, once with Clapton in the 70s and again more recently when I had the opportunity of a chat with him after the show.
  • Going to see him Friday in Worcester, Hopefully will try and interview him for my show.

Was the gig good, and did he have some guests ?

• richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24797
    I met Albert at a Music Man event at Tone World at the end of 2012. He's not only a stellar player but a great story teller. Hard to believe the names he's played with, yet he remains a modest, down to earth bloke. And looks great for 70!
  • SquireJapanSquireJapan Frets: 698

Going to see him Friday in Worcester, Hopefully will try and interview him for my show.

Was the gig good, and did he have some guests ?

Good - very; I've a feeling someone dropped out, or they were otherwise missing someone (as it was a little disjointed in terms of transitions and some technical problems).

I don't really care about that though, as the quality of musicianship was top dollar; not just from Albert.

Lots of guests, the one that really blew me away was Robert Wells (warning, not a guitarist - a pianist in-fact!). Billy Wyman joined in, Ralph McTell & Shakin' Stevens (!). There were lots of other very talented people. Some form of the Shadows also appeared, which was excellent with Albert playing Apache and another song ... I forget which.

Very intimate gig, enjoyed it a tonne. Looking forward to the DVD when that appears.