Steve Lukather Masterclass

What's Hot
ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1118
edited October 2017 in Technique
Steve Lukather Masterclass compilation

Duration 35:01

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YX4u7_99wo

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1118
    edited October 2017
    Steven Lee Lukather, born October 21, 1957, American guitarist, singer, songwriter, arranger and record producer, best known for his work with the rock band Toto

A prolific session musician, Lukather has recorded guitar tracks for more than 1,500 albums representing a broad array of artists and genres.

He has also contributed to albums and hit singles as a songwriter, arranger and producer. Lukather has released seven solo albums.

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • Thanks for the video linkage Chris.  Interestingly I just purchased Derek Sherinian's Oceana album from Amazon and received delivery of it yesterday.  Steve Lukather plays on a number of tracks and you can hear a clear Jeff Beck influence in his playing. 

I also bought the tab for the solo to Goodbye Elenore, which is one of my favourite ever Toto solos.  I first heard this solo around 2003 after seeing Steve Lukather's Hot Licks instructional video.  It has so many great licks in there and has to be one of the classic solos of the 1980s.  Around this time I remember trying to seek out a Valley Arts Guitar as I was really into his playing.  Instead I remember buying a Tyler Dann Huff Mongoose guitar from Guitar Guitar in Glasgow in September 2004. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • What a legend. I recently had to get a few Toto tunes down for a band I'm playing with. Totally made me fall in love with his playing again. Just amazingly expressive.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter
  • lentolento Frets: 80
    This guy did some great melodic soloing for an Earth, Wind & Fire track (Back On The Road) back in 1980. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom · Share on Facebook Share on Twitter