Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Want a new amp advice

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    hmm, just been looking into the code, looks pretty awesome.. but no fx loop on the 50 :/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PlectrumPlectrum Frets: 494
    LuttiS said:
    hmm, just been looking into the code, looks pretty awesome.. but no fx loop on the 50 :/

It's got built-in effects so you don't really need one.
    One day I'm going to make a guitar out of butter to experience just how well it actually plays.
  • If you want tiny  then look at Quilters or the DV Mark heads. Here's  my tiny DV Mark 50W amp and a 2x12 cab (although they do a 1x12 as well).

A pick for scale:

It's decently loud. I played a function hall at a beer festival last week without going through the PA. The head weighs  less than 2kg and the cab is  about 12.5kg.
  • ricorico Frets: 1220
    Get one made to your specifications. Loads of good builders in the UK!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Many many good suggestions, thanks all :)

Going to check them out.. tbh.. i think i need to just go into a guitar shop and just have a plug into everything as i think my main problem is i'm not even sure of the sound i want anymore.. little disillusioned with sounds i'm getting, i've gone off pedals i very much liked and not sure what i'm after...  let the amp yt orgy start!

With not knowing whats on my mind in mind, makes even more sense (in my mind) to go for a modeller, or dare i say.. that amp which must not be named!

...to the internet!

• Have you tried a Fender Bassbreaker? They sound really good, decent gain structure, won't break the bank, and with some models you could probably use it for quieter late bedroom twangery as well. They come in a 15 and 18/30 models, which i think might be the amount of power you're after.
  • BintyTwanger77BintyTwanger77 Frets: 2219
    edited November 2017
    nick79 said:
    Mesa Mini Rectifier or if you wan't a combo the Rectoverb 25. 
    Great od channel, very versatile, takes pedals very well, small, but loud enough to gig with.
    Not cheap, but buy used and they make more financial sense. 
    I want a Rectoverb 25 again, sold it, stuck with just one amp (65 DRRI), what have I done??? They are stunning combos.
  • Have you tried a Fender Bassbreaker? They sound really good, decent gain structure, won't break the bank, and with some models you could probably use it for quieter late bedroom twangery as well. They come in a 15 and 18/30 models, which i think might be the amount of power you're after.
    I tried one briefly yesterday while trying out some guitars. seemed really nice, good full sound and easy controllable gain.. Much preffered it to the blues junior i was first plugged into.
    failing that, might i suggest a Katana/  :)
  • Plectrum said:
    LuttiS said:

It's got built-in effects so you don't really need one.
    Unless you ever want to use a Looper... In which case you'll want it in the FX loop or every loop will be altered every time you change settings.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7334
    does it have to be 'new advice' or will old do too?
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    Mesa Mini Rectifier or if you wan't a combo the Rectoverb 25. 
    Great od channel, very versatile, takes pedals very well, small, but loud enough to gig with.
    Not cheap, but buy used and they make more financial sense. 
    I want a Rectoverb 25 again, sold it, stuck with just one amp (65 DRRI), what have I done??? They are stunning combos.
    I'm never letting mine go, use it in my covers band and it covers everything. Just wish it was 4 channels because  i can get very usable sounds out of each one.