Carling DPDT latching - cheapest source?

What's Hot
£7.50 per switch from hotrox seems a bit steep, I was wondering if anyone knew somewhere selling them in low quantities for less.

On a similar note, does anyone know how these cheapy switches manage under heavy/long term use?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    bbill335 said:
    £7.50 per switch from hotrox seems a bit steep, I was wondering if anyone knew somewhere selling them in low quantities for less.
    It's hard to get top-quality switches at any sensible price these days, that doesn't sound too bad. If you think it's expensive, check how much Allparts want for one! (Sit down first.)

bbill335 said:

On a similar note, does anyone know how these cheapy switches manage under heavy/long term use?
    They break.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1373
    I've got one cheapy one left that I'm gonna use to TB a wah, then I guess I'll bite the bullet and order a handful of decent ones  :s

Is there an in-between switch that's less expensive than the carling, but has a better reputation for durability?
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    Alpha DPDT, but to be honest they are not perfectly reliable either.

£7.50 is really not a lot for the confidence that it won't break.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Adam_MDAdam_MD Frets: 3420
    Definitely alpha I order them from rapid and it's about £19 for 10.  
  • timhuliotimhulio Frets: 1286
    tFB Trader
    I really can't fault those Alpha DPDT switches. I use them in pretty much everything, and can count the switch failures on one hand.