Supermarket and so called elevator music

I had the experience of listening to some of this "music" yesterday and today. Firstly it is continuous, incessant and repetitive garbage/noise. I find it difficult to believe that any musician or singer would actually record that stuff.

Analysing it further, it appears to be all in the one key. Vocals, such as they are, comprise Ahh...s, Ohh..s, Ehh..s etc. All in that mould. Drums are just mindless thumps, all electronic of course. As far away from real drumming as it can go. Other 'music' sounds are random stabs on a synth, a few synth chords and that is about it.

The only conclusion I can draw from listening to this drivel is that a number of vocal, drum and synth samples are on a computer. The computer software then plays a random selection of one of each (vocal, drum and synth) for a few seconds, then plays another random selection etc etc. Having a few blank vocal, drum or synth tracks to select from gives the option of only two or one 'playing'.

This is the only possible conclusion that I can come up with having listened to such drivel for several hours. It was too loud to tune out as we can do to background noises.

If real musicians were recorded playing this sh&&he music, I can't think of a better reason for playing my guitar. No matter how poorly I play, it HAS to be better than that drivel...
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom