SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

It's that time again (tons of pickups and some electrics shop clear out) New loaded Tele body

AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
edited November 2017 in Parts £ tFB Trader
Another big shipment is coming in shortly and again I'm lacking space for it.
Time for a snap sale to free some space.

Death Valley humbucker set (info) £75 + £5 p+p

Prototype from back when I was creating my P90 toned Strat singles (info) £29 + £5 p+p

Prototype from back when I was creating my HSS humbucker (info) £50 + £5 p+p

Neck prototype from back when I was creating my Chameleon humbucker (most versatile humbucker ever) (info) £80 + £5 p+p

A little experiment I ran parallel to designing the chameleon which combines PAF and medium output humbucker together (bridge position) (info) £80 + £5 p+p

A prototype set from designing the Chameleons, Not quite perfect in all modes in my opinion (some are great, however). Perfect for someone who may only be interested in only using a select few modes of them. You can read up on my thoughts on these here £150 delivered

A prototype made when designing Impmann's custom pickups. Stacked P90 with alnico rod magnets designed for a jangly bright tone. Soundclips available here (B clips) and description here £50 + £5 p+p

Murky Horizon neck b stock - bobbin warped due to being wax potted in too much heat. Only cosmetic, and solved with this stylish plain cover (info) £40 + £5 p+p

Bridge position Solar Flare HSS humbucker. Used to test some new black coated covers. Info £65 + £5 p+p

Solar Flare in neck spacing. Turns out it makes a fantastic neck humbucker for people who hate humbuckers due to it's single coil like clarity and cut. Info £55 + 5 p+p

Avalanche stacked single coil pickup set. Fire breathing noiseless single coils used for stock photos. Info £150 delivered

Tele neck sized Frigid Haze (with alnico 2 rods) info here £35 + £5 p+p (wonky stagger)

A little prototype I did to test the difference between screws/slugs and blades. 50mm pole spacing, would be great for a warm jazzy bridge position. £35 + £5 p+p

An old design of mine. The blizzard single coil sized humbucker set. Designed to get a single coil like sound when wired in parallel.  £100 delivered.

And the best for last... A b stock set of Chameleons. I made these for exhibition at the London guitar show, but unfortunately I hadn't quite got the hang of installing the covers on them (it's a darn nightmare) and they bent the covers ever so slightly above a pole hole on both covers. Unplated nickel covers, they're perfect apart from that. I guess you can get the general idea of them from part 1 of my Chameleon blog series here £180 delivered
B stock high output Hurricane bridge (info) built mistakenly in the wrong stagger. Just so happens that the coil broke at the eyelet and I had to hook it up off to the side instead. Don't prod it when installing and it won't cause any issues (I'll put tape over it for protection too). As can be clearly seen I haven't got to taping / string wrapping the coil, so I'll leave that option to the buyer. £45 delivered.

(Tele body in post below)
Alegree pickups & guitar supplies - www.alegree.co.uk
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AlegreeAlegree Frets: 665
    tFB Trader
    New pickup added to the bottom. My hot rodded Tele bridge the Hurricane.
    tFB Trader
    Another one gone.
    tFB Trader
    Up to the top.
    tFB Trader
    And again
    tFB Trader
    Still plenty to go
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27433
    Please don't delete content- just mark sold items as SOLD.
    :)
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14411
    Alegree said:

Tele neck sized Frigid Haze (with alnico 2 rods) info here £35 + £5 p+p
    Is the coil of this pickup wrapped in tape or in waxed string? (The cavity dimensions of my guitar dictate installation without cover.)

Also, if I wanted to pair it with one of your Telecaster bridge/Treble position replacement pickups, which would make a better match? Texan Dustdevil, Cirrostratus or a custom wind of my own choosing?
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    tFB Trader
    Alegree said:

Tele neck sized Frigid Haze (with alnico 2 rods) info here £35 + £5 p+p
    Is the coil of this pickup wrapped in tape or in waxed string? (The cavity dimensions of my guitar dictate installation without cover.)

Also, if I wanted to pair it with one of your Telecaster bridge/Treble position replacement pickups, which would make a better match? Texan Dustdevil, Cirrostratus or a custom wind of my own choosing?
    Tape I noticed the pole stagger appears a little wonky too, I suppose I didn't write that down at the time of making it (at the start of when I started making these, about 1.5-2 years ago) as that was pretty good back then!

I wouldn't match it with anything hotter than a Cirrostratus personally, but if you're used to, and like, the normal volume difference between Tele pickups you could go with a Texan Dustdevil. Both would give you a soft transition between the neck and bridge positions unlike your standard Tele, and more so than even a Strat.
    Alegree said:
    I noticed the pole stagger appears a little wonky 
    Are you sure that isn't just the vulcanised fibreboard bobbin plate curling up at the ends - like a British Rail buffet sandwich? 

tFB Trader
    Alegree said:
    I noticed the pole stagger appears a little wonky 
    Are you sure that isn't just the vulcanised fibreboard bobbin plate curling up at the ends - like a British Rail buffet sandwich? 

It's the flatwork top not being straight on the poles.
    Whether that was due to curling from the coil force, or just not straight to begin with, I don't know.
    tFB Trader
    Ran out of space on the first post, so here's an addition.New bodies arrived a little while ago and I've finally found the time to have a little play around with them. This is ash or alder (tbc) in a matte blue finish. I've loaded it with all my various parts that I sell (to check that I stock everything required and they all fit together).  I'm by no means an expert and a few things are a bit wonky, but nothing that would affect its performance. But it's always good to use and be familiar with my wares.

It has;
    -Vintage brass saddle style bridge
    -Alnico rod vintage style pickups (flat stagger bridge)
    -Brown tort pickguard with top mount pickup screws
    -fully wired A250k pots and a remarkably nice 3 way switch.
    -Chrome push on knobs 
    -Chrome square jack plate
    -S style strap locks
    -Chrome neck plate and screws
    -Bullet style ferrules
    -Fender dimensions neck hole arrangement
    -72x54x12mm neck pocket
    -The pickguard and control plate don't seem to quite fit together quite perfectly, so there's a little gap there.

Looking for £220 delivered.
    tFB Trader
    Bump
  • nice pu's mate
    tFB Trader
    nice pu's mate
    Thank you :)
    tFB Trader
    nice pu's mate
    Thank you :)
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    + 1 on the nice pup comment, texan hailstorm set owner here.
    tFB Trader
    And now with the purchase of a 3d printer, space is tighter than ever!
    Feel free to exploit this in your negotiations.
    This Discussion has not been updated for a while. How many of the items are still available?
    tFB Trader
    This Discussion has not been updated for a while. How many of the items are still available?
    Not many. Do you have any specifics in mind? I've been meaning to do another clear out for a while, but I've not been able to find the time.
    Maybe, the Blizzard trio.

With a rough idea of their DCR stats, I could devise a control circuit for my old Ibanez RS405.

The alternative would be to get the stock Super 6 pickups radically modified. (Does anyone supply rod magnets of the correct diameter to replace the original steel stud polepieces?)