Helix/Torpedo question???

If I want to use my Two Notes Torpedo Live with my Helix direct to PA where should it go in the signal chain? I have used it so far going from the main XLR (mono/left) out to the TN then to the desk. Just wondered if it would be better placed somewhere else in the chain? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Sounds about right , but isn't the torpedo basically an IR player?  What benefit is there in using this Vs an IR or cab in the Helix?

You could stick in the an FX loop at the end of your chain giving you the option of switching it in and out as desired on a per-snapshot basis
  • Also intrigued to know the benefit...I see a lot of guys using Torpedo stuff separately to a modeller and can never work out why.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    I thought the whole idea of the Helix was that it made away with needing a load of extraneous gear.
  • Frees up Dsp I guess.
  • Many Helix users rate third party IRs better than those in the Helix. I was experimenting with the TN IRs as I would presume they are 'better' somehow. Also power amp emulation may help the feel of the amp sims?