Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shopping List for Guitars...

What's Hot
LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
edited November 2017 in Guitar
Guitars that you're saving up to buy/planning to buy etc... Your next purchase(s)...
Different from a wishlist, a wishlist could be guitars I can't afford; this is my shopping list; my next moves guitarwise (though you never know what guitar pops up)... The guitars on the list at least.

Gibson Les Paul Standard if possible built before the 1980's change over at Gibson that saw a change of production 'to the Gibson I have now'... I also want a fatter more vintage original neck profile than my 1996 Sparkle Top from Gibson Custom Shop that; as sexy as it sounds, I still want another with that that different neck profile...

A nice acoustic/could be electro acoustic, I don't care but have no acoustic amp to date and 'tbh' don't know any cool acoustic amp brands... But a nice one, from America, (I am planning to import these which actually makes them harder to find, but if I were to score such items on my trip, that's better than a T shirt imo)... I like high end Guilds I've played on and Martins are nice, so It's probably going to be one or the other.

Shopping for guitars?
Have any on your list?

I have more but, I can't afford them so, whatever.

Have to wait, budget/graduate, ask @FelineGuitars to build my graduation present but until then, it's these American guitars that I like and want; first.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Why not a Feline and a Lowden
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm saving for an ES-175, but I'd be willing to let Colin Fulton convince me that I should spend similar amount of money on him building me something that looks and sounds like an ES175 but which is in fact better built. And I'm determined not to set back my savings by blowing some of it on lesser guitars that would be nice to have and affordable given what I have in the bank, but which would just delay me getting the 175.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    Why not a Feline and a Lowden
    I have somethings things on my mind about a Feline Lion but, because of the patented neck joining on the Lions making it on my shopping list..
    That is a really really good neck joining if ever you get to hold one.

IDK, I have a want and a need to have a guitar built from the ground up that I get to design from a guitar maker, and Feline Guitars are there. I'd have to really think about wood and weight and neck profile and how I want it to be done (big paint job, big inlay job too)... I want it to be cool, not for me, but, designed by me that I like.
    I'm not yet a point where I want to be laying up all night worrying about shades of blue and white and worrying about the hardware that could be got with such colour scheme, like how a Gibson Les Paul Gold Top with a Dark Back is a gold guitar, but that black finish on that dark back accounts for half the guitar and the headtstock, well... I want my Feline Lion (maybe) to be sky blue backed/white topped (and there are so many shades of white)...
    Not right now.
    When I graduate. I can use that money too tbh. 
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    Hmmm...

This can so easily turn into entries from me spitballing Feline builds, @FelineGuitars I apologise now in advanced, but a patriotic all red and gold Lion? - I mean, lions are a pretty patriotic; They're/Feline Guitars are British.... If money was more and I was a success and could put Croydon on the map, I'd have a ton of these Lions from Feline Guitars with different themes that I like as well as different aspects and parts. - but I'm not, money is still a thing to me.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • adamm82adamm82 Frets: 448
    Slowly saving for a Les Paul and after that a old Les Paul junior. May take some time as stuff like buying a house is on the cards. 
  • Since getting my Strat last year I’ve been gassing for a Gibson Les Paul or SG, still can’t decide which I prefer. And I would love to get a Guild S-100. But I’m probably going to be frugal and go for a Vintage Lemon Drop next. Though these interest free finance deals make it  SO tempting to buy expensive guitars. After that, a Squier VM Jaguar. 

• ricorico Frets: 1220
    I really struggle to understand your posts
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 12reaction image Wisdom
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    rico said:
    I really struggle to understand your posts
    Oh thank god for that. I thought my eyesight was going or I'd developed later in life dyslexia.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  •  This guy is a future forum star
    5reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3621
     This guy is a future forum star
    If very long,  unintelligible, stream of conscience type posts make a forum star.......  :s
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Neil said:
     This guy is a future forum star
    If very long,  unintelligible, stream of conscience type posts make a forum star.......  :s
    At least there's some punctuation! Without it, it would be complete word salad! ;) 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
  • kt66kt66 Frets: 315
    next will be something with a matching headstock, then a Tele I can customise in a paisley fashion 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28337
    My shopping list these days is

fretboard
    frets
    neck wood
    body wood
    hardware

etc etc
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3321
    edited November 2017
    Musicman cutlass HSS
    Ibanez SIX6fm
    Rivolta Combinata/ Mondata

and I need a new amp as I know I’ll never gig so my Mesa rectoverb is wasted. 
  • jeztone2jeztone2 Frets: 2160
    edited November 2017
    Unfortunately I’ve had a wedding & house to pay for this year. But next year I’m finally having a guitar made. So...

Feline Lion DC ala a Gary Moore Hamer sig.That will probably be it for 2018/19

Then....

Fender 62 Strat ( not sure AVRI, CS or Jap).
    Gibson ES335 or 345.
    Fender Electric XII.
    PRS Custom 22 (To replace my stolen one).

• NikkoNikko Frets: 1803

Slowly saving for a Fender Classic 60s Tele Custom in vintage white.

Unfortunately, money is a thing to me also :(

**Signature space available for a reasonable fee. Enquire within**
  • steersteer Frets: 1188
    Maybe a Gretsch Pro Jet, maybe a nice US Fender strat, maybe a parker fly. I change my mind every day or two. 

• PRS ME1
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30290
    After years of chopping & changing, I've got to the same point as @HarrySeven where I'm happy with my modest collection.
    8reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4695
    Aiming for a CS336, then that's it.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom