Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Shopping List for Guitars...

What's Hot

Comments

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2368
    A 1953 Tele.....still hoping the exchange rate will improve and prices will drop, alas....they are anywhere between $25000 and $40000 still   :/

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Charvel 1A (any color)
    Charvel Model A+ (in flame blue)
    Charvel DC2-ST(trans blue)

possibly a Vintage V100 Les Paul lemon drop
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LesbianWithAGunLesbianWithAGun Frets: 785
    edited November 2017
    I also want another Fender Stratocaster, I like American Deluxe, and have one...
    But... I want a South Paw/Left Handed one...
    It's not on my immediate list, but it's there.

I've found one that I'm curious about, but am not itching to own, is a 1996 Fender 50th Anniversary Stratocaster with gold hardware.
    http://www.guitarmania.co.uk/fender-50th-anniversary-american-standard-strat-left-hand-guitar-ltd-200250-1972-p.asp?gclid=Cj0KCQjwyvXPBRD-ARIsAIeQeoHiR_br7YPF1q2Xje4k2BQWVC1O4wXEt30RsoaIHSxLKy0tkR0MeIAaAjR7EALw_wcB
    That they want around £1, 400.00 for it and it's 4 hours away from my house.

If I scored this guitar or any Lefty Fender Stratocaster I'd want; It'll be to see what Jimi Hendrix was on about, when he said he prefered it upside down because of the switches and knobs, he preferred this guitar upside down.

A left handed Stratocaster conversion to right handed is on my list. Too, to be honest.
    I figure, I'd be ready to do this when I'm ready to get myself a Feline Lion made too.
    So, not yet.

If I had it my way, I'd get an ash body teal finish with a rosewood neck from American Fender Deluxe.

• On second thought

I think I'd be happier with Feline Lion?
    IDK.
    edited November 2017
    You guys might joke or whatever, but for me...
    This

This is a Feline Lion

Having this neck joining painted to the colours I want if ordering a Lion built from the ground up, is an option for me, a temping option too.

(think this but another colour).

I do plan to have one built one day.
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5418
    edited November 2017
    A P-bass partscaster is top priority, then probably either a Cabronita partscaster or (if I overspend on the bass) track down a Trohman telecaster- I had one & foolishly sold it for something "better" that wasn't. 
    edited November 2017
    In all honesty, I'm itching for a 1959 Gibson VOS something terrible.
    To be perfectly honest, since it has got a different neck to my own 1996 Gibson Custom Les Paul Standard Red Sparkle Top like how I remembered my first play of my now Gibson, I remember playing 2 other guitars that were both 2014 VOS 1959 Gibsons... I've seen Gibsons I want in London, but I actually want a nice guitar from my travels next year in America that's 'just' - (was enough planning on my part, like at least 2 months from scratch) planning time off for me in 2018. It's nothing more than; What do I like to do? A: I like to go guitar shopping...
    This is true of my travels, where ever I go, I like to check out local guitar shops. So that's why I thought it'll be cool if I got my next buy(s) on my trip. - If I can.
    It's harder to find them there than it is here for this trip, but, I'd like to try.
    Shopping is fun.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    Would love a Gretsch, but, having gassed hard this year I'm trying to be good 
  • Chris_J said:
    After some fettling they're awesome. 
    I'm a recent convert. I had teething problems with mine, but after a setup (& getting a wiring issue sorted) I love it now. 
  • Hankering after something short-scale, though I've never actually tried anything shorter than a 24.75".

The one that's caught my eye the most is the P90 version Fender Blacktop Jaguar, though there don't seem to be many around so they can't have made many.

Not that I could actually afford one at the minute, but it's nice to dream! :s
    edited November 2017
    I like the Tiger neck.

I like how this one looks, colour wise and cats eyes wise too...
    But this neck on a Lion and call it a Liger @FelineGuitars is, something to talk about in terms of Feline builds hopefully maybe.
    I'd like to have it like how I like it; The pickups I want (Seymour Duncan APH1 Neck and Bridge)/3 way toggle switch, 2 tone, 2 volume... - Can this neck be built to look like this with a Lion neck profile and a Lion neck joining, but, looking like this Tiger head, on a Lions body. Blue and White, maybe heavy on the blue for the back and a white (the right shade of white) top.
    This is a beautiful neck with the Feline Guitars cats eyes on the 12th fret that I like (which I don't think can come on regular Lions) and I love the concept of a Liger even if no one else does. smile 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'd like an early 70s Tele or a cs Tele. I just need to find the money (I've been saying this for years).  
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Chris_J said:
    Their over rated!!! Lol
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7332
    I have no idea what my guitars want... I have never asked them
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
    I should imagine new guitar picks and strings and maybe even a little oil?
    A nice new strap maybe?

Christmas is soon.

Maybe they want another brother or sister guitar?

IDK lol
    edited November 2017
    Alright, new list, new want.

A side need, side want with a lesser budget so not too fussed on cheap and cheerful? (IDK, we'll see) but...

Dedicated PA Box
    Microphone
    Microphone stand
    Microphone stand clip
    Microphone cable
    Dedicated acoustic amp
    1 x stereo guitar lead
    2 x mono guitar leads
    some sort of DI box that can make this happen and talk to one of my guitars with a special circuit to operate it from the guitar (some how).

So now I've drawn up the shopping list I can write it out/take a screen shot of this and in due course for fun, add it to my shopping list of life which includes bills and budget etc.
  • I fear my guitar could be smarter than me if I don't learn this real quick.
    edited November 2017
    Actually, how much does it cost to rewire a house?
    In today's market. (I mean, guitar shopping aside, but in general)?

I know construction is pricey but, job, bit by bit, how much roughly to re wire a house and how long would that take?

Because... If I'm to have such gear, I'm going to need more working outlets.
  • Actually, how much does it cost to rewire a house?

I know construction is pricey but, job, bit by bit, how much roughly to re wire a house and how long would that take?

IIRC I paid ~2k for a total rewire some 20 years ago. I was not happy with the result.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    edited November 2017
    Actually, how much does it cost to rewire a house?

IIRC I paid ~2k for a total rewire some 20 years ago. I was not happy with the result.
    What type of house?
    What didn't you like about the job they did?

I'm looking for a rewire of what can be described as Edwardian Terraced House that I wish to add Cherished to in 2017/2018 times; So I don't want cowboy builders...
    I could phone around my agency work contacts in construction, but they're usually commercial or new builds.