My PRS

What's Hot
I'll have to post pictures once I've figured out how to but my main guitar is a PRS Custom 24.

It's an absolute DREAM to play! I've got a few Fender guitars too but they're nowhere in the same league :)

Oh, I'm Steve by the way and just found this place!
2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    Welcome to Bedlam, there are a fair few PRS owners on here, try imagur for your pics, it seems to work now 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hiya Steve - welcome to tFB. Yes - some pics would be good - a video or sound clips would be even better! :)
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    You are Officially now to be referred to as PRSteve...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>
  • sgosdensgosden Frets: 1993
    Are you going to put the new BKP ragnaroks in the PRS?
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30273
    Welcome, my child.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6887
    God bless you and your dentist’s guitar..
    Previously known as stevebrum
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1646
    Iamnobody said:
    God bless you and your dentist’s guitar..
    Ah, don't be mean to them. PRS need love too! :-)

I wanted one for years but could never afford/justify it. I eventually picked up a mint condition 2001 single cut in a (relatively) restrained honey burst for £750 off Gumtree.

Man, that thing is literally one of best guitars I've ever picked up. The build quality is just outstanding, the neck is fat and chunky but still manages to feel fast, the tone is so fat and full..... I love it!!! Weighs a ton though but it just plays like butter.
  • Welcome! They’re amazing guitars, I want a new one.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • randellarandella Frets: 4088
    edited November 2017
    In nearly 30 years of guitar abusing, I've never played a PRS.  I suspect that if I did I'd probably want one so for the sake of avoiding marital discord, I'll probably keep it that way.  I've never got the 'dentist' thing, has anyone seen the Gibson price list lately?  Make sure you're sat down if you haven't.

Welcome along buddy.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    Good as your PRS is, it is still not too late to change it for an Anderson. Welcome to the forum, do stick around.....
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• Rocker said:
    Good as your PRS is, it is still not too late to change it for an Anderson. Welcome to the forum, do stick around.....
    Give us your thoughts on the merits of an Anderson over a PRS, fella, I’ve never played one to know how good they are. I love Thorpy’s new Anderson though, looks stunning.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4718
    Welcome Steve, another PRS owner here. Mine's a 2002 Cu24 in vintage amber, red back, wide thin neck, birds and zebra pickups. It has the 5 way rotary which I think gives sweeter more strat like single coil tones than the pushpull 3 way switching. 
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27346
    Ragnorak said:
    I'll have to post pictures once I've figured out how to but my main guitar is a PRS Custom 24.
    57Deluxe said:
    You are Officially now to be referred to as PRSteve...
    PRStease would be more appropriate.
    ;)

There's a thread here that explains how to post pics (etc) here.  Basically, you need a decent image host (imgur or flickr are normally used) and then copy/paste the links to embed the pics here.

The how-to thread needs a thorough update, and extending to cover more device/browser combinations, but it'll give you a start.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Welcome and congrats on your new guitar.........I have a PRS as well.  No shame  ;)

No Darling....I've had that ages.
  • Welcome it get bits a bit tribal round here :-) especially when  PRS is mentioned but its all pretty good-humoured.

Another PRS owner from SE to Private Stock I have one of each and care less about the labels and what each one is supposed to mean a good guitar is a good guitar regardless of labels.

again welcome
  • RockerRocker Frets: 4947
    edited November 2017
    Rocker said:
    Give us your thoughts on the merits of an Anderson over a PRS, fella, I’ve never played one to know how good they are. I love Thorpy’s new Anderson though, looks stunning.

Both excellent guitars TBH.  When I bought my Anderson, I compared it to a PRS McCarthy that was in the shop [Sounds Great near Manchester] and I preferred the Anderson by a considerable margin.  If you ever get a chance to play one, do and you may like it.  Superb build and finish, BFTS and all that.  Some don't like the headstock shape, others suggest that the pickups are too 'hi-fi' sounding [whatever that means] but a few minutes in your hands will tell you a lot.

Don't worry too much though, you are not underguitarred playing a PRS!  Not by a long shot.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• randella said:
    In nearly 30 years of guitar abusing, I've never played a PRS.  I suspect that if I did I'd probably want one so for the sake of avoiding marital discord, I'll probably keep it that way.  I've never got the 'dentist' thing, has anyone seen the Gibson price list lately?  Make sure you're sat down if you haven't.

Welcome along buddy.

That's why Gibsons are for Doctors, Dentists can't afford them! 
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7329
    edited November 2017
    Let's all show our PRS's to Steve:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2zyefrn.jpg

<Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom