Amp tech in East London or Essex area?

neioneio Frets: 15
Guys,
Any recommendation for amp servicing in East London or Essex area?
Thanks.
-Neio-

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 612

Last couple of amp services I've gone Essex Amp Repairs just off the A12 the other side of Chelmsford, maybe a bit too far out for you...go out of rush hour cos of that A12 traffic but very happy with them and one was a 1975 WEM & the chap was more than familiar with them & the Watkins build programs, other was an Engl head

www.essexamprepairs.co.uk

• neioneio Frets: 15
    Cool thanks @bazxkr ;
    Someone also recommend 
    Malcolm Hine of MPH Guitars, Edmonton, London. Anyone had any experienced?

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    bazxkr said:

Last couple of amp services I've gone Essex Amp Repairs just off the A12 the other side of Chelmsford, maybe a bit too far out for you...go out of rush hour cos of that A12 traffic but very happy with them and one was a 1975 WEM & the chap was more than familiar with them & the Watkins build programs, other was an Engl head

www.essexamprepairs.co.uk

FWIW, We tried them with an AC30 we use in the band and they were a bit rubbish with us. The amp came back a couple of with the same fault. I think they refunded us in the end.

We took it to https://www.electronicmusicservices.co.uk/ - they nailed it first time and were very pleasant guys to deal with.

• drwiddlydrwiddly Frets: 912
    neio said:
    Cool thanks @bazxkr ;
    Someone also recommend Malcolm Hine of MPH Guitars, Edmonton, London. Anyone had any experienced?
    I used to use MPH when I lived in North London. Malcolm did a few amp repairs for me and I was generally happy with his work. However, the last amp he repaired (a Trace Elliot valve head) needed two power valves and rebiasing and he biased it far too hot. It was humming quite badly so I took it to a tech up here who sorted it out.
  • MrBumpMrBump Frets: 1244
    Definitely recommend Essex Amp Repairs in Witham, Essex.  Great guys, have serviced both my Egnater and my vintage Orange head.  Great blokes too.
    Mark de Manbey

Trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/72424/
  • rich75rich75 Frets: 36
    DannyP said:

We took it to https://www.electronicmusicservices.co.uk/ - they nailed it first time and were very pleasant guys to deal with.

+1 for Electronic Music Services in Southend. I've used them a number of times for repairs over the years and they've always done a good job for a reasonable price.
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16082
    Essex Amp Repairs are great ........they are also the Dr Z authorised repairers and do Peach stuff