strat 24.75" scale conversion neck

What's Hot
I know Warmoth & possibly Musikraft have these, anyone come across a uk maker or know of one available in the uk new or used, 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    Guitarbuild.co.uk now do conversion necks to order. 
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
  • DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3288
    tFB Trader
    I'd be interested in the difference in tone as i prefer the shorter scale
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)
  • Thanks for replies, had a look at the guitar build website but an unbranded rw boarded neck with a flattish radius has come my way so have used that instead, the old dog of a bitsocaster is starting to come back to life.
  • DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    I'd be interested in the difference in tone as i prefer the shorter scale
    This is going back a bit, but didn't someone in the Musicradar era make a Gibson scale strat and paint it up to look like a can of Stella?

Or was that a particularly vivid dream I had?
  • @DannyP I think that's @viz ; often seen performing in a gorilla suit too.
  • vizviz Frets: 10681
    @DannyP I think that's @viz ; often seen performing in a gorilla suit too.
    Nope, not me, not that I can recall anyway!
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
    Well someone did!
  • I think it's @danny1969 iirc. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10398
    Aye it's me ..... guitar is Gibson style mahogany body with maple cap, neck is Gibson scale length with 24 frets. All in the shape of a Strat

I didn't make it though, Martin at Sims customs in Kent did and what a fantastic job he did. Still my main giging guitar 9 years later. 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    Yes that's the one! Thanks @Danny1969 - though I guess the alternative pickups and timbers mean that a like for like tone comparison with a 25.5" scale strat wouldn't be possible. I'll bet it feels pretty slinky though?
  • @DannyP with a Gibson-esque neck I might get on OK with something like that. Although I'd probably want 4 pots in the usual parallelogram formation and a pickup toggle on the bass horn as well ...
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10398
    DannyP said:
    Yes that's the one! Thanks @Danny1969 - though I guess the alternative pickups and timbers mean that a like for like tone comparison with a 25.5" scale strat wouldn't be possible. I'll bet it feels pretty slinky though?
    Yes nothing like a regular Strat. At the time my normal giging guitar was a Les Paul which I loved the sound of but I've always liked the shape of a Strat . So the ideal was to have a Les Paul that looked like a Strat. 
    Well nothing really is like a Les Paul except a real Les Paul so what I ended up with is a Superstrat on steroids. No regrets as I've come to love it. 
    www.2020studios.co.uk