It's all coming together :O)

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751

I've bought a few pedals recently ;) not all of them were top of the wishlist when I bought them, but nevertheless I'm getting some fun noises out of them.

The revelation so far has been the Red Panda Particle, lots of really nice sounds and just as many completely weird ones !

Here's a clip from messing around with the Particle (plus a few of the others) into the latest pedal, the Drolo Stamme[n].

http://www.arrowheadguitars.co.uk/pics/mech1.mp3

The Particle is set to freeze which is providing the drone, and some of the underlying rumbles are from the Stamme[n].

"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    how does the freeze function on the Particle compare to the EHX Freeze and the infinite hold function on the EHX Cathedral reverb? 
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7751

I've owned a Freeze, and the Particle is very different. From the manual:

"Freeze (All Modes)
    In freeze mode, the delay buffer is recycled instead of taking live input. When the chop knob is above 12:00, it sets the threshold
    for capturing live input. The input signal plays through when the input exceeds the threshold. When the input level drops below
    the threshold, it starts reading from the delay buffer instead. This allows you to catch the beginning of each note and repeat it.
    When the chop knob is fully clockwise (5:00), it continuously loops. Lower thresholds can create drones in between notes. Longer
    delay times give chopped up sound-on-sound effects."

Knobs explains:

ta

what's the hipster video thing all about?
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

You don't like the Knobs videos ?

My top three "is that pedal I like worth buying?" people are PGS/Reverb Andy, Dennis Keyser and Knobs.

They've all encouraged me to waste/invest my money buying cool/silly pedals :)

In fact the Knobs video above is more informative than some of his earlier ones - the Count To Five in particular.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited November 2017
    Paul_C said:

You don't like the Knobs videos ?

My top three "is that pedal I like worth buying?" people are PGS/Reverb Andy, Dennis Keyser and Knobs.

They've all encouraged me to waste/invest my money buying cool/silly pedals

In fact the Knobs video above is more informative than some of his earlier ones - the Count To Five in particular.

I'm not terribly familiar with that Knobs' videos, but I have encountered a few of them in recent months.  They are extravagant and seem terribly self indulgent.  Load of hipster nonsense or whatever it is.  I can't watch them. 

I recently saw a video of OBNE; it was awful.

I do not find Keyser's videos useful.   Overly weird and expensive stuff.  Too much low tuning and combining with other pedals. 

My favourite demo person/channel is JustNick.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Paul_C said:

They're my three as well! I'm sometimes a bit wary of how good Andy makes everything sound, when I like something he's demo-ing I have to be aware of my comparative limitations as a player. The only thing I think Knobs comes up short on is anything overly gainy, he's a bit noodly on pedals that I just want to hear some big chunky chords with (the Buzzz or the Dream Reaper for example).

I'm not really fussed about drive pedals, my theory is that lots of people can make a guitar sound like that, but fewer are making it sound like a demented robot dinosaur falling into a bucket of rocks and glitter.
  • VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    Haha, very true! Also the dirty side on the Bitquest sounds fantastic, I don't think that gets mentioned often enough.